Maine Cod Man

The doctor

Guest challenge

Representatives can only represent if they have someone who wants representing.

It’s a dilemma that democracy has never been able to solve.

E.g. we have an election and (because of there mistrust of previous governments) the masses refuse to vote, the few that do vote then win the election and we are represented by the elected.

The majority are not represented because a no vote does not stand for anything...

The Tories won many an election because of small turn outs at the poling station.

They knew that there die hard voters would always turn out and vote for them regardless of there manifestos.

The difference (IMO) with RSA is that the majority don’t want change, the majority are happy with there hobby.

Going down to the sea with your rod and fishing for free has been one of the main attractions for RSA for decades. Simply because you have a hobby that allows you to have that choice.

What the dilemma with RSA nowadays is that the few who represent the few are taking advantage of the unrepresented masses, by saying they represent the majority.

Hence the government stating that the shareholders (RSA) want bag limits and want rod licences and want to be represented.

Do you rarely think that forums like this would be as unused as they are, if the majority of RSA wanted change?

Now what can the likes of me do about it?

I don’t happen to want to be apart of the anti commercial brigade, I also don’t want to be apart of the save our fish at all costs brigade?

If my next door neighbour wants to go down to the sea in his little boat and catch himself a feed of fish, like his family have done for generations before him, who am I to say otherwise. I don’t believe that being a RSA gives me the authority (not that I would try and use it if it did) because I am among the majority, to tell my neighbour

To stop.

Regards

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is time they got rid of some of the unecessary baggage, i dont want a diary or certificate and i am not interrested about england winning gold medals at world championships i could'nt give a damn about that sort of thing, but what i am interested in is our fish in our shoreline, england match teams and the like can take a run and jump for all i care.........

A large part of the NFSA income comes from Sport England and is dependent upon the NFSA working towards 'excellence in sport'.

Competitions and gold medals are an important part of the work of the NFSA, and brings in a lot of funding which helps to support the infrastructure that makes conservation and political lobbying possible.

(Although the Sport England funding itself is ring-fenced, and can only be spent on certain things like coaching, training and competition)

I don't remember the details but some of the other 'baggage' is going, if I remember the diary is no more?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest challenge

Glenk

Simply because they would be joining more organisations and flooding forums if they did.

Plus the thousands of anglers (who I have spoken to over the years) have said that they are quite happy with there hobby as it is, and a lot of the anglers who come with us do alternative angling besides the fishing that we offer.

Also what evidence has anybody got to suggest otherwise?

Doctor.

I thought you had turned me off? Are you suggesting that I am binatone? That’s out of order and I must say that I am disappointed that at the end of the day you have to go down the well worn road of childish stupidity.

Sad comes to mind on that one doctor. :schmoll:

A large part of the NFSA income comes from Sport England and is dependent upon the NFSA working towards 'excellence in sport'.

Competitions and gold medals are an important part of the work of the NFSA, and brings in a lot of funding which helps to support the infrastructure that makes conservation and political lobbying possible.

(Although the Sport England funding itself is ring-fenced, and can only be spent on certain things like coaching, training and competition)

I don't remember the details but some of the other 'baggage' is going, if I remember the diary is no more?

Hi leon, thanks for the info, maybe the nfsa should ask for more from sport england or how about the national lottery fund? or maybe the tackle industry can donate some real money, whichever it looks like they are not going to make much of a real breakthrough with sea anglers memberships money in the forseable future, cheers.............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I think the majority want change. Perhaps not enforced bag limits for nothing in return but some positive changes could be a good thing.

Closed Season??????????????

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest challenge

It’s all interesting reading fishing fine. European parliamentary amendments upon amendments of proposals on new and old legislation.

A mountain of bureaucracy that RSA will all soon become an even more bogged down part off.

on reading through some of the amendments it also points out that the CFP is the only thing that is set in European granite, you can mess around with different proposals but if it’s apart of the CFP your wasting your time.

Still fascinating reading and thanks again for pointing out the mountains of legislation that goes along with the running and exploitations of our European seas. A mountain of bureaucracy that commercial fishermen have been trying to get to the summit of and earn a living at the same time for years.