Angling Representatives Needed

Leon Roskilly

I think part of the problem may be that when people are motivated enough to put themselves up for positions like the ones mentioned above, it makes them a target for the "sack cloth and ash's brigade" who won't take on any personal responsibility themselves but who at the same time want every one else to do their bidding and then overley criticise the reps when things don't go according to the "ash's" plans.

Look at the fall out from the last major consultation exercise and the still bitter taste left in the mouths of some posters and then think on how that must be affecting the moral of those that do the donkey work and the tedius committee work without thanks or reward and how it must put off any potential candidates from having a go at changing things for themselves and others

Fair play to anyone prepared to change anything and get involved at any level and to those whose only purpose in life seems to be to berate or belittle any effort undertaken on their behalf then I have no empathy with your position and wish yoou could keep those thoughts and opinions to yourselves

Good post Brian

There are also those who have a hidden agenda that hide their true motives for knocking those that try to make a difference.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sfc dont want any RFERACs Appointees even if they did? i doubt they would want me to be involved, you see i cant help but to speak my mind (not a good idea in those situations) i have put a proposal to my sfc before and it never reached the agenda stage as they always bog you down with crap you cant afford like factual scietific evidence to back your proposal up, you realy are **** in the wind when it comes to rsa proposals on these heavily biased sfc's.

Scrapping sfc's altogether like ken has said i think is probably the only way i can see of improving things, then have a body of people from outside the commercial and rsa sectors that could make unbiased decisions for the benefit of all.

Hey leon just had an idea why dont you give up sea angling altogether (you dont go much anyway) then when proposals like this bait digging ban in your area comes up the sfc can not accuse you of personal interests when you speak against it.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge
Good post Brian

There are also those who have a hidden agenda that hide their true motives for knocking those that try to make a difference.

And what’s that hidden agenda then Ian?

Guest challenge
I guessed you would be the one to pick up on that, and suggest you already know the answer.

I am not suggesting that there is anything that needs answering? You’re the one who is suggesting hidden agendas?

I have stated quite clearly my thoughts on conflicts of interest and on many occasion quoted representatives on those conflicts.

Its people that keep suggesting hidden agendas that are accusing others without explaining what these hidden agendas are.

Do you really think that commercials would have started to become bitter towards RSA if it was not for the vocal minority (representatives) agitating commercials like they have?

They have played right into the governments hands by dividing and provoking confrontation on a national level.

I will say again, that I have yet to come across commercial fishermen (in this part of the world) who have had much interest, never mind any confrontational words to say about RSA.

In fact just the opposite. I have worked in both industries and besides the odd hovering comment made by the odd angler (clear of this forum) have yet to come across any genuine confrontational dialogue between either party.

The opposite has applied to us over the years. John often talked to commercial fishermen when at sea and we get nothing but positive responses.

They are interested in what we are doing and show a genuine delight in when we report good fishing days. They have given John masses of information over the years to go with the masses of information that he gathered when he too was in the commercial industry.

on saying that I believe if they (local commercial fishermen) where to read some of the things that are said on this forum about them, then I believe they would be more than inclined to want rod licences and bag limits.

Hidden agendas? I believe the whole agenda (of bag limits and rod licences) should have been kept well hidden from the government long ago.

Regards.

Guest challenge
Even Binatone?

Don’t know about that one Ian? :huh:

He (Binatone) must have made some kind of obsessive impression on a few of you. Because that is the second time his name has been mentioned on here in as many days, when a simple reply would have been quite sufficient. :sun:

I will have to ask John that one? Mind you there where plenty on here who where adamant that John and Michele, John and Michele’s family or any body else who had come in to any kind of contact with them, was actually Binatone. :lol::lol::lol:

Don’t know about that one Ian? :huh:

He (Binatone) must have made some kind of obsessive impression on a few of you. Because that is the second time his name has been mentioned on here in as many days, when a simple reply would have been quite sufficient. :sun:

I will have to ask John that one? Mind you there where plenty on here who where adamant that John and Michele, John and Michele’s family or any body else who had come in to any kind of contact with them, was actually Binatone. :lol::lol::lol:

Whereas I and quite a few others think you were Binatone.

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Guest challenge
Whereas I and quite a few others think you were Binatone.

Unfortunately I did not see enough of his posts to be flattered or insulted about that statement Ian. :sun:

John showed me many of the statements and childish pictures that where put on this forum when he was being accused of being Mr Binatone :angry:

As I said to the doctor, if you want to go down that childish road, :lol: in order to try and discredit someone then feel free.

At the end of the day it makes me smile, :) but somewhere binatone will be crying with laughter at your childish assumptions and accusations. :lol:

Regards. John Mallette. :thumbs:

Unfortunately I did not see enough of his posts to be flattered or insulted about that statement Ian. :sun:

John showed me many of the statements and childish pictures that where put on this forum when he was being accused of being Mr Binatone :angry:

As I said to the doctor, if you want to go down that childish road, :lol: in order to try and discredit someone then feel free.

At the end of the day it makes me smile, :) but somewhere binatone will be crying with laughter at your childish assumptions and accusations. :lol:

Regards. John Mallette. :thumbs:

OK hands up ................I'm Binatone

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009