Been Invited On A 24 Hour Boat Trip

Elton

Some great photos challenge.

ROFLMAOFrog.gif

Elton - you gonna try some of the circle and kahle hooks then?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I make the trip, definitely. Things are going against me right now.

A mate used some of the TackleBargains ones that I gave him on Saturday and said that every bite resulted in a fish and every one was lip hooked :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest challenge
Some great photos challenge.

ROFLMAOFrog.gif

I took the photos of jimmy Buchan’s blogg. http://www.seafish.org/sea/blog.asp

Jimmy Buchan was one of the commercial fishermen that were featured in a programme that the BBC recently ran here.

It was well received (by the majority of viewers) in fact it was so successful that the BBC are now negotiating with commercial fishermen on running a second series.

I have been in touch with Billy in regards to using his photos.

It’s a great blogg, very funny and very informative.

I agree with you about the photos, great quality and remarkable subjects.

Hope Leon finds the boat and skipper to his liking.

Regards.

Edited by challenge

Dhow could he not?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

If I make the trip, definitely. Things are going against me right now.

Had to say 'no' :( You may have seen in another thread of mine that I had the early signs of conjunctivitis at the weekend. It's worse today and it's over 200 miles each way drive for me to Lymington and I just don't want to take that chance.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Why is that graham :g:

Are you taking why that boat???think the post got messed up...or are you talking why long trips are better.

Well don't know boat so can't crap on about that...as for long trips,yes Paul...as you know it's been on the big boat and they have always fished best in my style or other,I don't know...I have been fishing for 43yrs now,and I am still learning and been told....but far off shore fishing as been good to me in the past years off Whitby....I normally fish Southwold where your boat came from...had a few trips on that when it was Mistress 2..with Colin has skipper...now it's Prospector3 David Wright from Southwold and he can find fish..been going with him for about 5yrs now...off next week uptiding off Southwold...don't think we have owt big...Going to Southwold cost me £8 fuel...coming to Whitby it's £100 return...so that is why I go for a long trip..you are talking to a man that love's fishing..what I want now is a 94hr trip in early August to fish off the Denmark Coast again...we will see..Graham

The boat has everything on board an angler could want. Rob is not slow to put the kettle on either. But watch out Elton, he`s very apt to delegate the tea boys position!! Ask jabee.

What do you mean, ask jabee. Johns the king at delegating tea duties. this more like his usual tea making position.

photo-4300.jpg

What do you mean, ask jabee. Johns the king at delegating tea duties. this more like his usual tea making position.

photo-4300.jpg

Gareth

I should point out that the picture is of me sleeping off the effects of the previous night out with you, Paul and Rob! :blink:

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Hello all

Fisrtly thanks for the kind words, John, Paul and Norrie

Pity you couldn't make it Elton.

I have had the new boat since July and things have been going great guns. Lots of fish caught so far and some fantastic new crews too. Met up with Jabee, Spasor and Norrie when they were down in August and have been flat out ever since.

Trip tonight is just three of us going for a Solent Cod or two, there are a good few showing at the moment and hopefully we can get into some. We had a beauty of 19lb odd the other day. Whether we do the full 24hrs remains to be seen but we are all up for it and have enough bait, food etc to feed what's left in the sea. Main focus will be on the cod but there are still some awesome bass kicking around too.

Just for anyone who maybe concerned, I'm all qualified and have been for many years, Tea / Coffee and Soup is available F.O.C and the boat has six berths including two double cabins. Full cooking facilites and after the refit this winter there'll even be another head downstairs with Shower etc.

If any of you are interetsed in a trip I have a schedule on my deepsea pages along with a news page. The new Beyond the Blue website is under construction at the moment. I think a few of the posters on here can also vouch for me despite my tender years (love that comment) I seem to remember 3 double figure bass in a couple of trips to 13lb for Norma, Dave and Paul (Grandad).

Regards

Rob

'Shogun'