SAS tidy Shoreham West Arm

underwaterimage

Have to admit that I take a black rubbish sack in the back of the car whenever I go sea fishing and I never come back with it empty. I just don't understand the mentality of so called anglers who leave their rubbish everywhere, would they throw their rubbish in their garden and leave it to build up ? I don't think so. It's no wonder that there are so many complaints about the mess that is left behind. or venues that are threatened with closure because of the constant rubbish that is left for others to clear.

It's no wonder that there are so many complaints about the mess that is left behind. or venues that are threatened with closure because of the constant rubbish that is left for others to clear.

Thats why the club was formed. Hopefully when other anglers see us sweeping their arm they will be guilted into being more thoughtfull about their rubbish. However im sure a few of the anglers look at us as

do-gooders or mugs. It would be really great if the clubs goals were adopted across the nation and other clubs sprang up. All it takes is a few people and a means of communication. :D

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
Thats why the club was formed. Hopefully when other anglers see us sweeping their arm they will be guilted into being more thoughtfull about their rubbish. However im sure a few of the anglers look at us as

do-gooders or mugs. It would be really great if the clubs goals were adopted across the nation and other clubs sprang up. All it takes is a few people and a means of communication. :D

I am an Ex-Brighton lad, I live in the Midlands now but when I come down to see friends, I normally fish the East arm, That has the same problem, I normally walk back with at least 2 black bags of old bait papers, squid wrappings and yards of discarded nylon. Is anybody helping to clear this side up as well?

let's keep this little part of the coast clean and usable for the rest of the sea fishing community.

Tight lines and Happy days.

I am an Ex-Brighton lad, I live in the Midlands now but when I come down to see friends, I normally fish the East arm, That has the same problem, I normally walk back with at least 2 black bags of old bait papers, squid wrappings and yards of discarded nylon. Is anybody helping to clear this side up as well?

let's keep this little part of the coast clean and usable for the rest of the sea fishing community.

Tight lines and Happy days.

At the moment the going concern is the West arm. But who knows what the club chiefs have in mind for the future. More willing sweepers might be required for both arms

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk