Total Sea Fishing Magerzine

frankthebass

I have found Darren Taylor’s keen approach to conservation in his magazine a breath of fresh air. His editorials are both interesting and informative and always seem to pack a punch.

The magazines complete dedication to the proposed increase of the bass MLS from 36cm to 45cm was un wavering, as was its condemnation of the final bad result of 40cms.

Total Sea Fishing is I think aimed at anglers that are new to the sport (although it always has at least one article the would interest the seasoned angler) and for this reason I think that Bobs Bites is a great idea. It’s a short easy to read bulletin explaining to anglers just what’s going on politically with their sport.

All in all T, S, F has become a dam good read that’s doing its up most to support all sea angler, so I say nice one Darren and team.

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:fishing1:

I have found Darren Taylor’s keen approach to conservation in his magazine a breath of fresh air. His editorials are both interesting and informative and always seem to pack a punch.

The magazines complete dedication to the proposed increase of the bass MLS from 36cm to 45cm was un wavering, as was its condemnation of the final bad result of 40cms.

Total Sea Fishing is I think aimed at anglers that are new to the sport (although it always has at least one article the would interest the seasoned angler) and for this reason I think that Bobs Bites is a great idea. It’s a short easy to read bulletin explaining to anglers just what’s going on politically with their sport.

All in all T, S, F has become a dam good read that’s doing its up most to support all sea angler, so I say nice one Darren and team.

Came out on the boat with me a few months ago a really nice guy with the interest of anglers at heart.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I have not bought any mag in a while now, but il go and by this later today if i can (even though i dont plan to go sea angling in the forseeable future until or if things start to shape up) from what you say sam it sounds like tsf is going in the right direction, in my mind any angler who takes a bass under 45 cm is not thinking at all about conservation of the species, and i hope in time that every rsa adopts there own size limits along the lines that if it aint bred no point in it dead (i am not telling people nor should a magazine but encouraging it) one thing i have learnt on here is that if you try to ram things down people throats they are liable to spew it back in to your face :yucky:

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Stavey I have taken bass smaller than 45 cm.

And i have to in the past glen, but i think a little differently nowadays maybe you should has well if you have not already? if rsa are going to point fingers when it comes to commercials taking fish to immature to breed then rsa have to be able to practice what they preach dont you think? cheers...............

Edited by stavey

better off keeping small fish and letting go the big ones.

Hi sam

Thats another arguement, maybe a slot size could work better? where bass of a certain size should only be allowed to be taken, apply this to the commercials as well plus a quota and we might just start to reverse things? all been covered before i know but might be worth revisiting......

I find Total Sea Fishings (TSF) Oct o6 editorial offensive. Weymouth & Portland Borough Council (WPBC) looks after and represents both its charter and commercial fleet as it should. It was elected by the people for the people. The editorial was written by Bob Cox and not by Darren Taylor. The figures stated are incorrect as para 6 in the notes of the DEFRA document used state the under ten meter fleet is not included. What TSF also did not tellyou was Bob Cox wrote an email to WPBC stating he would write to TSF if he did not get an answer. Gross abuse of position Mr Cox, shame on you and shame on TSF. By the way. I hope WPBC sue TSF for the deflamatery remarks.

I have also noted that TSF have never printed any letters of reply to the article!!

What TSF also did not tellyou was Bob Cox wrote an email to WPBC stating he would write to TSF if he did not get an answer.

Can you post a copy of that email here, if there is any substance to the allegation?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust