car insurance

Andy_1984

Phil, TOTALLY agree with you mate...I just looked at my MOT, as its due next month....I've done over 10,000 miles since last December...was talking to my mate tonight, he did 15,000 since last October....it certainly creeps up on you... :blink::blink:

I told Esure, ( My insurance company) I do about 12,000 a year...and there I've done over 10K without trying, think I will up it on the next renewal......l :unsure::unsure:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would i be right in thinking that if say i said 5,000 on my policy and someone crashes into me, and ive done 12,000 and they check it, keeping in mind im only insured for third party, meaning i dont get a peny anyway regardless of millage but they will still pay the third party ? thus making my millage mean nothing and even if i was within my millage they still wouldnt pay me anything and i would have to pay for my own car to be fixed, it just doesnt seem fair at all.

in about a year or 2 ill go fully comp when it should be a little less cause of experience, age, no claims ( i hope ) things should be alot better but im getting a duff deal with all these other insurers pulling prices out of a hat. leeches come to mind

thanks for all your input guys, yas must be gettin mighty fed up with my ramblins, cheers for yer patience :thumbs:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Guest Brumagem Phil

Andy, if you think YOU can nit pick your way through a policy to find loopholes, just imagine what THEY can do. Trust me, if you dump your mileage and get found out they wont cough up AND if its a serious descrepancy they might try and do you for fraud to.

Just live with it mate........next years will come down LOTS trust me.

Andy, if you think YOU can nit pick your way through a policy to find loopholes, just imagine what THEY can do. Trust me, if you dump your mileage and get found out they wont cough up AND if its a serious descrepancy they might try and do you for fraud to.

your right phil, just trying to calrify on the payout though, as im only getting third party, if insruance finds any reason to stop the claim or what ever, do they still pay for the other person

Guest long-trotter

Andy, Phil is right, the problem is, if god forbid you have an accident late on in yur policy the first thing the insurance company will do is note your low mileage discount and follow it up, as you get older and wiser you will learn insurance companies hate paying out at the best of times. You will be playing into their hands.

I applaud you for a least getting insurance a lot of youngster I deal with don't, we always catch them in the end.

If you can afford to do a Pass Plus test you will also save money on your policy and be a better driver at the end of it.

reagarding Pass Plus not sure where you live some councils will help you with the costs up to 50% heres the list

http://www.passplus.org.uk/sponsors.asp

have browse on the site for some good info, good luck!

Anthony

Andy, Phil is right, the problem is, if god forbid you have an accident late on in yur policy the first thing the insurance company will do is note your low mileage discount and follow it up, as you get older and wiser you will learn insurance companies hate paying out at the best of times. You will be playing into their hands.

I applaud you for a least getting insurance a lot of youngster I deal with don't, we always catch them in the end.

If you can afford to do a Pass Plus test you will also save money on your policy and be a better driver at the end of it.

reagarding Pass Plus not sure where you live some councils will help you with the costs up to 50% heres the list

http://www.passplus.org.uk/sponsors.asp

have browse on the site for some good info, good luck!

Anthony

cant go for that, im getting 20 lessons free. i would have preffered that but who can argue with free stuff :D

If you aren't commuting in it then I reckon 5000 miles is plenty. You can always join the 50,000 miles a year club when the price comes down. If you have to fork out two grand for a high mileage policy you might not be able to afford to fill the tank anyway!!

Might be wrong but if you wait until you have a full licence as opposed to a provisional it should also come down a bit too.

Tried Diamond ;) ?

hahahaha cheeky shite, although..... i wonder if transvestites qualify for women only insurance.

ive always wondered, if men started a mens only insurnace scheme, would we be called sexist :blink:

i did actualy try with full license in the qoute, never made any diffrence, plus id like to get some private lessons along side my official lessons to rack up them driving hours

Edit: i just tried the full uk license on elephant.co.uk and it actualy made the quote higher than previous :blink:

think ill keep my provisional and counter part for 2 years till it gets cheaper

Edited by Andy_1984