collectors?

chesters1

as you know i collect morritt and intrepid labled fishing tackle but what do you collect,

Ferrett collects everything under the sun and more ,Newt probably has a collection of lures larger than most shops carry .But do you collect anything fishing related (course or sea).

its strange how you come across bits of information when delving in carboot junk boxes for elusive items ,i know woolworths sold tackle but i now know marks and sparks did (found a little "book" sold by them but whether they sold tackle as well i havent a clue )

its a pity Eltons sister site collectors net

Click Here (Newt can you change this link to click here or something so it cant be spammed)

isnt used more it would be a great place to swop info on the stuff littering our lofts :D

[edit note: Done chesters1]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Despite having large amounts of flies and lures the only things I actually collect are pre 1980 made ABU Ambassadeur and Record reels.

I more or less had the entire collection but after a bit of research recently found that there are some models that were made for the US market that I havnt got!

I also buy some of the Winfield tackle range.Mainly the rods and multipliers though.In fact as well as the ABU's Ive got quite a few other makes of old multiplier.

I dont make an effort to obtain them but Ive also got quite a few fishing decorated china plates,mugs and engraved glass!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Maggots .

Built my self up a nice collction in the garage as well as boot of the car, its taken me a few years but its

been worth the effort (my wife is especially proud) but this year i'm branching out in to trout pellets with my speciality being ones with a tinge of mould.

Any offers ?

Despite having large amounts of flies and lures the only things I actually collect are pre 1980 made ABU Ambassadeur and Record reels.

I more or less had the entire collection but after a bit of research recently found that there are some models that were made for the US market that I havnt got!

I also buy some of the Winfield tackle range.Mainly the rods and multipliers though.In fact as well as the ABU's Ive got quite a few other makes of old multiplier.

I dont make an effort to obtain them but Ive also got quite a few fishing decorated china plates,mugs and engraved glass!

you must be glued to ebay as i am then ,never mastered a muliplier :( but have all the intrepid ones bar the boat one ,i did take a surfcast out for a spin ,tightened up the dooda for the first cast which went fine but short then untightened one click and got a birds nest ,its back on the shelf and i'm back on fixed spools :D

maggots are ok but collecting the flies are not only a pain but the mrs gets suspicious :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

apart from my fishing video collection and a few books ,i recently rediscovered my 7"vinyl record which seems to have multiplied in my absence as i seem to now have several more hundred singles than i remember having so theres probably close on 1500-2000 7" singles in a dozen boxes, i also seem to of accumulated a rather large collection of bitz & pieces of unknown origins or of dubious use or function other than that they might be of use oneday!,i also have around 200-300 remote controls mainly for old 80's/90's tv's,video's ect plus verious items of electrical test equipment which are no longer used,oh and a growing collection of fishing hats from baseball caps-aussie bush hats -fury ruskie hats ect plus numerus fishing polo type shirts with different angling sites names/events + user names (mine) on them,there is my ever growing abu closed faced reel & centre-pins collections but these are all working/used reels so not sure if they count as a propper collection.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

apart from my fishing video collection and a few books ,i recently rediscovered my 7"vinyl record which seems to have multiplied in my absence as i seem to now have several more hundred singles than i remember having so theres probably close on 1500-2000 7" singles in a dozen boxes, i also seem to of accumulated a rather large collection of bitz & pieces of unknown origins or of dubious use or function other than that they might be of use oneday!,i also have around 200-300 remote controls mainly for old 80's/90's tv's,video's ect plus verious items of electrical test equipment which are no longer used,oh and a growing collection of fishing hats from baseball caps-aussie bush hats -fury ruskie hats ect plus numerus fishing polo type shirts with different angling sites names/events + user names (mine) on them,there is my ever growing abu closed faced reel & centre-pins collections but these are all working/used reels so not sure if they count as a propper collection.

if its one reel its a reel ,two its a spare but 3 or more a collection :D

remotes are ok i have about 20 from long dead tv's but the beolink 1000's have a nice monetary value so i pick those up if i stumble across them ;)

I collect fishing tackle, not intentionally its just that I just never get round to selling it on or giving it away. I have 2 rod holdalls in the attic one full of rods (the oldest a Milbro Fibre Glass thing with more bite indicator attachments than you could shake a stick at and my first proper rod when I was 10) , and one filled with various poles (some missing sections) as well as an 11 metre Fibre Glass pole which is so heavy that when you ship it out the tip bends into the water.

The problem now is that tackle is so cheap and everyone wants nice new shiny stuff there is no market for this stuff.

theres always someone after old stuff all you have to do is find them ,those old shakespear telescopic poles were back breakers i used one a few times and gave up but at the time they were all the poor could afford .

i still use fiberglass i just cant get on with carbon except in heavier rods ,those whispy things nowadays just annoy me.

keep your eye out for milbro catapults my £2 ish (no more)carboot one went for £41 tonight :o

theres strange folks about :)

Edited by chesters1