Sustainable Fishing

big_cod

Talk about swerving it's 360 degree hand brake turn, no facts just statements that don't make one bit of sense, has Norway now changed it's discard regs. And as for dragging a pelagic boat into Steve's discussion, what for? 'p' ing up the wall just don't cut it with the pool table argument. Followed by a dramatic recovery of the cod stock in the same area, once it's been flattened.

top draw stuff this is.

So was 100 potts a boat barry and the ankhor bashing how many years you been at sea 0 is the anser yet you seem to know so much about it funny that .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Can you keep this crap on your North east Forum thing and quit posting your **** links to your north eastern **** coddling catches.

Much appreciated !

If i google link this, the millions of others will see how **** your operation is :)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

The gear wasn't the only reason the 6 limit was imposed it has lot to do with the destruction of the ground as well don't kid yourself Steve and it ain't finished yet and again I don't make these regulations .

You were asking about Pot limitation on Facebook I thought you would have known that Steve all the years fishing commercially .

You keep telling yourself that Paul, I think deep down we all really know what happened, but you live in that wee make believe world if you like I will stick to planet reality.

What are you on about asking pot limits, where and when was this, I may well have done so but can't remember it.

Being frank those running marine management themselves can't keep up with the regulations so it is no surprise if I can't, more so regarding other sectors.

To quote the MMO....

The Marine Management Organisation tries to maintain The Blue Book with up-to-date legislation but cannot guarantee that it is up to date at all times. The legislation and documents may have been updated since the links above were published.

I am sure that you will know them all paul, the Blue Book is pretty easy to digest - if you have a spare 5 years on your hands (by which time another several hundred pages will have been added).....

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fishing-regulations-the-blue-book

Edited by stevieg

Can you keep this crap on your North east Forum thing and quit posting your **** links to your north eastern **** coddling catches.

Much appreciated !

If i google link this, the millions of others will see how **** your operation is :)

Exuse me you dont get booked litterally 7 days a week with **** operations clever runt.

You actually mean these **** catches.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17925.0

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Much appreciated !

Exuse me you dont get booked litterally 7 days a week with **** operations pal clever runt.

You mean these **** catches.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17925.0

paul.

you have been on the sauce, insults with nothing of value.

appears that the pool tables have recovered according to you:

A couple of spots left tommorow uptiding should fish its nutts off the water will be like soup now after this blow on these massive tides should be some great sport.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

you have been on the sauce, insults with nothing of value.

appears that the pool tables have recovered according to you:

A couple of spots left tommorow uptiding should fish its nutts off the water will be like soup now after this blow on these massive tides should be some great sport.

Barry you dont have a clue about anything really, do you know just how many square miles of sea we have round the uk and do you actually think its alive with cod everywhere thats just whats makes a very very good skipper you know who knows the job inside out and gets fish for his customers day in day out and is booked near on 7 days aweek .

i could take you to plenty of places like a desert not a fish in sight but that wouldnt go down well with my regular customers who keep coming back time after time 30+ years of knowledge gives you that barry and somebody who runs an excellent and professional operation you want to come and try it sometime you might just learn something about the seas around our coast but i will say something where i will be taking my customers tommorow the ground has never seen a scallop dredge thats the difference because if it had the fish wouldnt be there,

paul..

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

i will say something where i will be taking my customers tommorow the ground has never seen a scallop dredge thats the difference because if it had the fish wouldnt be there,

paul..

Morning paul.....I wonder if you could explain the point you make above.

Yesterday you told us that scallop dredgers were discarding cod in numbers in your area. How does that fit in with what you say again today, it is all very confusing?

You do actually appreciate that you are constantly contradicting yourself?

Morning paul.....I wonder if you could explain the point you make above.

Yesterday you told us that scallop dredgers were discarding cod in numbers in your area. How does that fit in with what you say again today, it is all very confusing?

You do actually appreciate that you are constantly contradicting yourself?

Steve getting a little tired of this rubbish but ask yourself why has all these scallopers suddenly appeared off whitby and scarborough and left there own fishing grounds there has never been so many scallop boats here and one sat in harbour yesterday had 15 dredges aside now thats catching power.

A lot of ground had never seen a scallop dredge but with this lot that are here now they have been working practially all over the place and were getting plenty of fish as bycatch in the dredges its common knowledge steve you know it yourself talking to 2 ex trawler skippers last night who fished on whitefish they both are out of the fishing industry now spent many years trawling for white fish funny thing one of them mentioned scalloping his exact words were scallop dredgeing do a hell of lot more damage to the ground than a beam trawl funny you should say that there one lad on one of the forums who is complet denile of any wrong doing with dredges he just laughed what he said what is he kidding no he is serious i just said he is in denile .

As where i am fishing tommorow 400yds from the cliff back no scalloping done here ground like bell metal hardest ground off this coast plenty of fish there steve if you know just where to look what we are going back to summer out on the reefs is anybodys buisness if there is anything left out there in one peice frightning.

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg

Steve getting a little tired of this rubbish but ask yourself why has all these scallopers suddenly appeared off whitby and scarborough and left there own fishing grounds there has never been so many scallop boats here and one sat in harbour yesterday had 15 dredges aside now thats catching power.

You digress as always Paul, avoiding the question like the plague.....again :doh:

Sensible fishers head for the best fishing, it is the ways of the world, has been since Jesus was a boy. Why do WY boats fish all over the UK and Norwegian waters.....it's what they do and always have done, seek the most profitable fishing, that is why boats generally have licences to fish all over rather than their own area.

There are a few other regulatory reasons why many of them are currently there but we best not let complicated reality get in the way of a good paul K fantasy.

A lot of ground had never seen a scallop dredge but with this lot that are here now they have been working practially all over the place and were getting plenty of fish as bycatch in the dredges its common knowledge steve you know it yourself

Again you contradict yourself, you have told us several times there were now no Cod where the scallop boats have been, this is verging on weird, nobody in the world can be that intellectually challenged surely?

talking to 2 ex trawler skippers last night who fished on whitefish they both are out of the fishing industry now spent many years trawling for white fish funny thing one of them mentioned scalloping his exact words were scallop dredgeing do a hell of lot more damage to the ground than a beam trawl funny you should say that there one lad on one of the forums who is complet denile of any wrong doing with dredges he just laughed what he said what is he kidding no he is serious i just said he is in denile .

You would need to translate that one for me, it's a whole new language and world.

Scallop dredges have a negative impact on the marine environment as does any other human interaction with the marine environment, anyone in denial of that is simply wrong.

Human impacts are very well quantified and documented, from aggregate dredging through to walking a dog on the beach, and pretty much every human activity in between.

As where i am fishing tommorow 400yds from the cliff back no scalloping done here ground like bell metal hardest ground off this coast plenty of fish there steve if you know just where to look what we are going back to summer out on the reefs is anybodys buisness if there is anything left out there in one peice frightning.

Sounds like you would be far better going where the scallopers are, if they are getting a lot of Cod then they must be thick on the ground....scallop dredges are seriously inefficient at taking any fish but flatfish and Monks so there must be wild numbers of Cod on that ground where you constantly tell us there are no cod.... :doh:

• Like 1

You digress as always Paul, avoiding the question like the plague.....again :doh:

Sensible fishers head for the best fishing, it is the ways of the world, has been since Jesus was a boy. Why do WY boats fish all over the UK and Norwegian waters.....it's what they do and always have done, seek the most profitable fishing, that is why boats generally have licences to fish all over rather than their own area.

There are a few other regulatory reasons why many of them are currently there but we best not let complicated reality get in the way of a good paul K fantasy.

Again you contradict yourself, you have told us several times there were now no Cod where the scallop boats have been, this is verging on weird, nobody in the world can be that intellectually challenged surely?

You would need to translate that one for me, it's a whole new language and world.

Scallop dredges have a negative impact on the marine environment as does any other human interaction with the marine environment, anyone in denial of that is simply wrong.

Human impacts are very well quantified and documented, from aggregate dredging through to walking a dog on the beach, and pretty much every human activity in between.

Sounds like you would be far better going where the scallopers are, if they are getting a lot of Cod then they must be thick on the ground....scallop dredges are seriously inefficient at taking any fish but flatfish and Monks so there must be wild numbers of Cod on that ground where you constantly tell us there are no cod.... :doh:

That's it there was very large numbers of cod on the ground here and that is why they were getting them in the dredges and ad the potters say they are extremely worried at the damage dredges does ask amf commercial fishermen who done netting longlineing you need to be on good ground to get good catches of cod on the doft ground waste of time been there done it this is going round in circles I will keep you posted if they ban the scallop boats aback of 6 mile permently it's on the cards l pressure from local fishermen will denture that .

Untitled-1.jpg