Petition the PM, on-line in 2 mins, to save the fish stocks

fishyrob

Mr Trubshaw if I thought that for one moment what you have just said had the slightest bit of truth in it I would be the first to sign.

I can accept areas of NTZ like Lundy as nature reserves, but to close off huge areas of sea is just not necessary, the UK fishing fleet has had enough piled on it in recent years, give it a chance, on the whole fish stocks are not any where as bad as you are led to believe, even cod, as the Whitby charter fleet has proved this year.

Dear Mr Wurzel,

Hope you had a good day. I am currently laid up with a broken ankle, so have been waiting patiently for your return.

You are entitled to your beliefs and me mine.

One thought from Fishyrob which spells it out better than I have been able to:

"it does look targetted towards commercials only, but dont forget this is a petition to the government, not setting a law down in the EU, if you get my point. Personally I see it as a way to show the government the level of concern that they are not taking ICES advice when deciding, or negotiating, fisheries policy. Others see it simply as a way to let the government know how many people are concerned about the marine environment."

That is all I am trying to do.

Kind regards

Henry

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I meant to keep that specific to the south coast as that is where most of my sea-fishing has been these past few years. But seeing as you have had your best cod season, what would you put it down to? Do you think its because North Sea Cod stocks are at an all time high?

Of cause cod stock are not at a all time high, they have had two slightly better spawning years,pluss there was a influx of cold water pushed into the north sea last winter, I have no doubt some of Norways cod came with it.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Wurzel, I would truly love to come out and see for myself you going about your business. Not possible this side of Christmas unfortunately, but the way the winds are happening, I guess you arent doing so much at the moment. I will PM you with contact details etc. But one other thing. I guess you are familiar with a bank called the Kentish Knock. Many of the older Essex RSA's, charter skippers and commercials will probably know the name with fondness. Tell me what happened there?

Hello fishyrob

First you tell me what you think happened at the Knock

Hello fishyrob

Hi Wurzel,

Send me a PM first with what you have to say. Sounds interesting :)

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

Guest challenge
By 'Whitby charter fleet' do you mean the two guys on this forum seen undermining RSA and charter boating now and again?

Could you please explain what you mean by this fishingsfine?

Hi Fishyrob,

you got this one in before mine this time. I don't crew for Paul, i wish i did, he had for the most part of this year a person called Ji who was blo.............dy grate. The rebel as you are aware is a cat the skippers brill, i have had my best year so far with him. He would take ten but prefers eight or nine, do try, i'm not canvassing for him honest. Do you not read the papers where there is a concern now and again where certain europeans are targeting fresh water rivers and lakes for lunch?

cheers barry

Barry, I also read in the papers that B52's and double decker busses have been found on the dark side of the moon, that Iraq is riddled with weapons of mass destruction, and that Sinclair C5's were going to be more popular than bicycles. But I'm really glad I dont recycle that information as I would look a complete ****.

However, what I do know is that in the Czech republic they do eat freshwater fish. Very true. But then they also have one of the most advanced system of fish farms and fisheries management in the world. This is a country where to get your fishing licence, you have to sit a test. How do I know this? Because I am studying for this same test at the moment. The purpose of the test is so that you understand the rules and regulations governing fishing in the country. The same country that frequently hosts world fly-fishing championships, such is the quality of its salmonoid fishing. Its rivers and lakes brim with fish, even though every angler is allowed to take two fish (or maximum 7 kg silver fish) per day for the table. And many do. But due to a combination of closed seasons, No take Zones and fish refuge areas, plus planting of spawn, this carefully managed fishery excels and prospers. If it wasnt for the communist occupation, and the focus on industry, there would still be salmon running the rivers. But the Czechs are wondefully adaptive people, and you can catch stocked Brook trout where the salmon used to be. Once you have passed the test, of course. So, that some people from Czech, Slovakia and surrounding countries have come and taken some fish from the rivers to the pot here in the UK I'm sure has happened. In actual fact, unless there are bylaws in place at the venue they are fishing, they are fully entitled, just like in Czech, to take two fish from the water (though thank god very few people do this in England, because our inland fisheries managment is in its infancy compared to Czech)

However, and here is the media spin. The papers would have you believe that groups of Eastern Europeans are barbecuing 30lb Pike and carp. Well, Nobody in the Czech republic would even think of trying to eat a fish that size. Because everybody knows that pike over 3 kilo, and carp over 4 kilo, are no good for eating at all. But the other thing I will say, and I have a lot of experience with Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Romanian, Lativan and Estonian people, is that when they come to this country they respect the rules in this country, unless of course they are here with criminal intent. All of my tenants are hard working, honest, concienctious and law abiding. They are far better tennants than the English and Brasilian ones that preceded them, to the point that I actively advertise for Czech people when a room becomes free. I get my rents on time and everything. Oh, and if they are feeling peckish, they are far more likely to pop into Asda's than down the nearest stew pond. Because they are respectful, intelligent people, from a country where family values are strong, Honesty still exists and people prefer to meet each other in the pub, to play guitar rather than X-box.

We should be taking lessons from them, especially in the application of NTZ's.......

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

Hello fishyrob

I think it was once a tremndous mark, whose potential for holding fish was first discovered by the likes of Bob Cox and Kevin Benham. I also think it was a lesson to Charter Skippers everywhere that Commercials do follow angling papers (and pehaps forums) for information. In the end the knock got surrounded by net, and no fish made it onto the bank itself. And the last time I heard, even the comercials arent bothering to net it anymore. But you are nearer to the stable, if you get what I mean, so I would like to hear the perspective of a commercial on this.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

I think it was once a tremndous mark, whose potential for holding fish was first discovered by the likes of Bob Cox and Kevin Benham. I also think it was a lesson to Charter Skippers everywhere that Commercials do follow angling papers (and pehaps forums) for information. In the end the knock got surrounded by net, and no fish made it onto the bank itself. And the last time I heard, even the comercials arent bothering to net it anymore. But you are nearer to the stable, if you get what I mean, so I would like to hear the perspective of a commercial on this.

Hello fishyrob

you have confirmed what I say on this forum time and time again, anglers perception of commercial fishermen and fishing is so different to reality, it's no wonder you get nothing but contempt from the commercial sector.

I suppose Trubshaw and yourself think that the whole of the North sea has had the same treatment as the Knock.

I did not need Bob Cox to show me the way to the Knock.

when Bob Cox and myself first went there it had never been fished commercially, of cause there were a lot of bass,pluss at the time the large year class of 76 was boosting stocks to an all time high.

It is not possible to surround the Knock with nets.

As for not bothering any more. the forecast is 5 to 7, 8 at times, there is quite fresh breeze blowing now, where it had seemed to have dropped last night, it's not a particularly good tide, so we won't bother, if the weather had been fine, instead of answering your post I would be on the way to the Knock.

Barry, I also read in the papers that B52's and double decker busses have been found on the dark side of the moon, that Iraq is riddled with weapons of mass destruction, and that Sinclair C5's were going to be more popular than bicycles. But I'm really glad I dont recycle that information as I would look a complete ****.

However, what I do know is that in the Czech republic they do eat freshwater fish. Very true. But then they also have one of the most advanced system of fish farms and fisheries management in the world. This is a country where to get your fishing licence, you have to sit a test. How do I know this? Because I am studying for this same test at the moment. The purpose of the test is so that you understand the rules and regulations governing fishing in the country. The same country that frequently hosts world fly-fishing championships, such is the quality of its salmonoid fishing. Its rivers and lakes brim with fish, even though every angler is allowed to take two fish (or maximum 7 kg silver fish) per day for the table. And many do. But due to a combination of closed seasons, No take Zones and fish refuge areas, plus planting of spawn, this carefully managed fishery excels and prospers. If it wasnt for the communist occupation, and the focus on industry, there would still be salmon running the rivers. But the Czechs are wondefully adaptive people, and you can catch stocked Brook trout where the salmon used to be. Once you have passed the test, of course. So, that some people from Czech, Slovakia and surrounding countries have come and taken some fish from the rivers to the pot here in the UK I'm sure has happened. In actual fact, unless there are bylaws in place at the venue they are fishing, they are fully entitled, just like in Czech, to take two fish from the water (though thank god very few people do this in England, because our inland fisheries managment is in its infancy compared to Czech)

However, and here is the media spin. The papers would have you believe that groups of Eastern Europeans are barbecuing 30lb Pike and carp. Well, Nobody in the Czech republic would even think of trying to eat a fish that size. Because everybody knows that pike over 3 kilo, and carp over 4 kilo, are no good for eating at all. But the other thing I will say, and I have a lot of experience with Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Romanian, Lativan and Estonian people, is that when they come to this country they respect the rules in this country, unless of course they are here with criminal intent. All of my tenants are hard working, honest, concienctious and law abiding. They are far better tennants than the English and Brasilian ones that preceded them, to the point that I actively advertise for Czech people when a room becomes free. I get my rents on time and everything. Oh, and if they are feeling peckish, they are far more likely to pop into Asda's than down the nearest stew pond. Because they are respectful, intelligent people, from a country where family values are strong, Honesty still exists and people prefer to meet each other in the pub, to play guitar rather than X-box.

We should be taking lessons from them, especially in the application of NTZ's.......

Hi Fishyrob

We must read differant papers mate. I haven't seen any articles that you describe (busses and b52's) anyone else seen them? Therefore i wouldn't have the chance to include them or to exclude them as true. I'm happy for you where you state that you have good tennants, well done. Like red busses however, i'll wait for another (news story) to come along then perhaps we can discuss it to decide if it is true or not.

Their ntz's could you tell me if they include everyone or do they just exclude commercial? If they work apparently for the good of all, then i might just have to consider them.

Cheers barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Well, for some reason those two seem not very keen on angling gaining any influence on fisheries management but actively work against it. Why is that?

Perhaps it seems that way because they have commercial experience, so deal in reality not fantasy or anglers perception.(JB is defiantly not just an angler with a boat)

even cod, as the Whitby charter fleet has proved this year.

I was including Big Cod, who is always quick to promote his better than national average catches of cod.

I wonder if he would sign the petition, especially if Whitby was to be included in a large NTZ.