hi there peaple

just wanted to no what the most reliable make of rods is

i've herd that abu garcia is quite good but i wanted to no the best

thnks all

happy fishin

mike finlay

mike finlay the carpinator

Mike

I presume you are on a budget and the ranges produced by Fox Wychwood Nash etc for the lower end of the market are excellent; indeed as good as top of the range models from a few years back.

If I was you I would get down to the local Tackle shop have a look at which one best suits your needs and purchase that.

At the end of the day all rods are a matter of personal preference and it is best to go with what suits you.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I've only ever had one rod break and that was an Andy Little telescopic. No problems with, Harrison, Daiwa, Shimano, Normark to name a few. I would suggest reliability should be the least important quality you use when buying a rod as they are almost without fail very reliable bits of kit.

Rob.

Hi carphead 07

I use the wychwood rage rods and have never had a single problem, great buget rods. All round performance i have found unbeateable. Great casting and great feel when you are playing a fish in, no matter what distance. Am currently in the process of selling off my other carp rods and changing over to a complete set of Rage rods. The wychwood rogue carp rods would also be worth a look.

Cheers

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

i use Harrison Ballister carp rods also the Grey's Prodigy,the Harrison is the better of the two rods but Value for money i don't think the Grey's can be beating.

hi there peaple

thnks all

happy fishin

mike finlay

I have used Fox, they were solid, currently using Greys , they are solid and well built.

Don't know who makes the best rods! there are too many to choose from.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

hi there peaple

thnks all

happy fishin

mike finlay

I've used numerous 'cheapo' foreign imports, usually fibre glass & found these to be reliable but extremely heavy to hold for a continuous amount of time.

Looking in the range of £70-100, I swear by shimano rods as I find the quality, weight & play action to be very good at the price.

Currently using a Nexave AX feeder and a Hyperloop float rod for silver fish.

You will find that there are very few different rods. The vast majority are the same blanks, just with a different logo. There are obvious exceptions but there are relatively few blank makers. There are also very few blanks made in the UK - perhaps as few as a couple.

Rob.