cod

gazthelad

Sure is hard work down there. Not so bad at low water but high is a nightmare. Those rocks are the size of houses, and if that's and exaggeration its only a slight one - maybe bunglelow size :lol: . I've only ever caught 1 fish there but I once stood and watched someone catch a great big bag full from there when I was fishing the snot hole.

Yes i was stood next to chris he was using that secret bait that day he manages 6 cod the best just over 10lb i climbed down the rocks to grab it and i only managed 2 cod best about 4lb, many an open match has been won from the middle way over the years but the climb back at high water is horrendous infact you could nearly class it as dangerous.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

the climb back at high water is horrendous infact you could nearly class it as dangerous.

sure is , i've had a few scary dashes back from there at high water on a sping tide with a bit of northerly swell , gets even better if it's after dark to

Shame you couldn't get up the back of it. Have you ever looked at it Chris ? I know one lad in our club said he thought you might be able to get down there. and I know your lot are madder than us. I looked at that rope at Castle chambers the other day. Chris Bonnington wouldn't even go up there but some of the lads from your club do.

I know one lad in our club said he thought you might be able to get down there.

down would be no problem , 30 seconds with the harnes and decender , it's the up bit that would take a bit more effort , and you could bet the day you did it you would end up fishing in the green springs at the end of the match :lol: