Today

The Flying Tench

Only thing that proves high pressure is good for piking in the winter is my catchs and to me thats the acid test!. ALL of my big hauls (numbers wise) have come in these conditions.If I could always fish on such days I wouldnt bother with any other! I do though of course!

Ditch the static deads and get some lives,lures or wobbled deads working on one of those clear,bright and heavily frosted mornings and you will see what I mean!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

went out yesterday to throw some lures around my local canal, pike were realy up for it. got a few little jax about 2lb each. was belting it down with rain all day i finaly called it a day when the wind got so strong i nearly fell over the edge. although i had a grat day cause ive not went fishing in months

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Hmm piking, something I've not really done, however, with a cheap carp rod and real I may just have a go. There's loadsa pike here in the Welland. Spose I'd better go and get a gag and some wire traces then eh.

Yogi. :)

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

Hmm piking, something I've not really done, however, with a cheap carp rod and real I may just have a go. There's loadsa pike here in the Welland. Spose I'd better go and get a gag and some wire traces then eh.

please dont use a gag, they are not necisary and barbaric :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Please if you don't know anything about pike fishing don't try static dead baiting. more pike die to the inexperienced pike angler using this method than any thing else. i would try using spinners and invest in a light spining rod of about 7 feet (not too expensive about 25 quid or you could ask santa for one :) ).

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Or just maybe Yogi was teasing? Well we can hope!

Ok Andy, won't use a gag then. Am new to piking (if I do it) so any suggestions are all greatfully recieved.

Pete, I have a brill 9ft ledger rod and I think it'll be ideal for spinning, failing that I'll buy a spinning rod.

I was chatting to a guy just a hour ago and when he spins at last light he threads a cockle or muscle above the sinner which has been soaked in fish oil for 24 hrs. Deadly he reckons.

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.