Trying to locate a large drop net.

Andrew Boyd

Your help guys.

I'm looking to source a large drop net . . .about 26".

Most suppliers, ebay, etc seem to have 20 - 22" which are a tad too small.

If you don't know a supplier of the whole thing, a source for the nets would be helpfull as I have a 26" bicycle wheel I could fabricate one from.

( I'll planning some Mullet fishing from some high walls next summer! ).

Andrew Boyd

Andrew, cant help you a lot on suppliers but I`ve made couple of large diameter drop nets over the years from exactly what you say, a bike wheel. Only very minor problem was making sure when the spokes were unscrewed no ragged bits were left sticking out (small bits). I eventually covered the outside of the wheel rim, to be more exact the groove where the tyre sat, with "acorn" central heating piping 10mm ( I think). I wrapped it on with thread and epoxy but gas / gaffer tape would do the same.

:)

Stan.

Your help guys.

I'm looking to source a large drop net . . .about 26".

Most suppliers, ebay, etc seem to have 20 - 22" which are a tad too small.

If you don't know a supplier of the whole thing, a source for the nets would be helpfull as I have a 26" bicycle wheel I could fabricate one from.

( I'll planning some Mullet fishing from some high walls next summer! ).

:clap2: Shakespeare do one about that size and so do www.sharnbrooktackle.com

There is/was a great one with a heavy galvanised frame with really heavy netting but I can't find it any more and mine went missing. :clap2:

Guest muttley
Thanks guys

Will post you a number of our local netsman tomorrow who makes superb dropnets, i have one arond 30"...a quality product that should last a long time. Can't remember his number off hand need to speak to my mate to find out. PM me if I forget!

Will post you a number of our local netsman tomorrow who makes superb dropnets, i have one arond 30"...a quality product that should last a long time. Can't remember his number off hand need to speak to my mate to find out. PM me if I forget!

You forgot, didn't you Muttley?

Seriously though, if you do get chance to find that number. I'm sure there's a few people who might be interested.