Filth.

Peter Waller

Picked this up off a non angling site. Granted it refers to sea anglers but anglers is anglers.

Quote:

And have you seen the barrowloads of rubbish of every description that they leave behind? What gives them the right to leave all that stuff for our enjoyment? -- Carrier bags, half eaten sandwiches, plastic bottles, unused bait, lengths of discarded line etc.

Apart from that - the end of the pier has the most overpowering smell of urine. It's the anglers' toilet.

Says it all really.

Can't for the life of me imagine which pier you refer to old boy. Saying that though, having stuck that barrier up last year I am surprised that anyone bothers to fish there anymore - it's a long walk. Perhaps that's why they can't be bothered to bring the stuff home (I hate that though, if you can carry it there you can carry it back). Oh, and Marine Parade shall soon become half-hour parking I hear, so that's daytime angling screwed.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

We had similar problems up here on Blackpools North pier and it had the inevitable effect and angling was banned for a protracted period now the pier fishing is club controlled.

Sadly like many pastimes angling contains within its ranks a significant yob element this is a sad fact of life and there is a direct correlation between the ease of access to the fishing and the problems that occur on the fishery concerned.

However no branch of the sport is without its idiots.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Not seen anyone, but it was the closest free long term parking if you want to fish or go prawning (drop nets) from the pier. Mind you, as i'm currently buying a house 300 yards from the beach down that way (Grosvenor Road) I will be. From the kayak though mostly, carry from home to the water. I think there's a channel that runs down past the Claremont that attracts some fish.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Many times I have gone fishing and it's looked like a f*ckin tip with all the rubbish left by "so called anglers". If you go to Holyhead Breakwater for example the place is full of old newspaper with bits of bait left in it, line, tins.bottles, food wrappers lying all over. The people who leave venues like this have no respect for the sport, just give true anglers a bad name, it would be better off without them.

Guest Brumagem Phil

It aint just fishing, its PEOPLE.

Funnily enough myself and a friend were discussing general human nature only yesterday. Your average joe is more ignorant, self centered and egotistical than he ever was.

This can be demonstrated in many ways.......nobody holds dorrs open anymore, and if YOU hold the door people walk through without so much as a 'thank you or kiss my @rse'. I think we all know that the roads are more like battle grounds these days. Rudeness and bad manners is now the norm, and if anyone is brave enough to challenge someone over such matters they get verbally abused (or worse).

A pile of rubbish on a pier is little more than a symptom of a far more insidious disease.

IMO anyway.

Edited by Brumagem Phil