Crewsaver drysuit collar

kayakkarma

So you get collar and neoprene, or latex and no collar - but the collar is to protect the latex? I am confused - or have I misread this agin?

Off to the LBS on Friday too - going to check out the fishing section if I don't get too blathered on the hospitality suites - Sealine at 1030 for champers and shellfish.....a good start! Apparently there is a wheelbarrow at my disposal with an advertising girl to drive me around in it!!!!!

Simon,

I have the one with the neoprene seals, there is no collar,or protective cuffs. Brian's one has latex seals and has the collar and adjustable cuffs on the wrists and ankles. Both versions seem quite dry to be honest.

Slightly off topic, but I fished our Plaice mark on Saturday night past. Steven got a very small Plaice ! The area is awash with small codlings at the moment. Certainly a good sign for the future. I will let you know when the spring Plaice arrive if you fancy another bash. Have a good un at the Boatshow.

Neil.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The collar version is the suit I have. Both me and Richi looked at all the dry suits at the Boat Show. I can't remember why but it was the collared version I went for.

I remember Darnsarf,because it was simply the best one and we looked at them all :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

just to confuse things even further , mine has neoprene and seals with cuffs but no collar!! :rolleyes:

That seems right Martin.

Your wrist cuffs won't have a velcro closure on them though, like the latex suit has ? I think.... :wacko:

quote from wetsuit outlet you have a choice

Crewsaver Hyperdry drysuit Fully Breathable, with the option of Neoprene or Latex neck & wrist seals. Latex socks with adjustable over covers, Latex or Neo neck seal with soft zipped neoprene lined over collar, Hard wearing breathable tri-laminate fabric, New improved tailored underarm cut, Dynat brass front dry zip with protective cover {well proven long lasting zip}, Heavy duty reinforced knees and seat, Convenient touch and close sleeve pocket, Elasticated waist, Adjustable interior braces with pocket , Each suit individually leak tested before leaving the factory. Fantastic buy at this price for a drysuit that wont let you down. The Crewsaver Fully Breathable Hyperdry Drysuit has an excellent reputation for reliability, dryness and longevity of life. Fantastic value with the Free Underfleece.. For sizes please click the link below and look at the sizes under the subtitle 'clothing'. all sizes in stock... RRP for this Package is £330, Colour: Red/Navy with the option of Neo or Latex Seals. or Black/Grey with Latex Seals. please note the size XXL is only available in red/navy with latex seals

hope this helps

simon

Thats the one Simon and £30 squid cheaper than I paid. :mellow:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Thats the one Simon and £30 squid cheaper than I paid. :mellow:

I thought you paid £260 DS?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

:cold: A collar helps protect the latex neck seal from UV exposure and is useful if you want to tuck the bottom of a hood or balaclava neatly away. :cold:

I have a low collar on my drysuit and if buying another suit would buy another one with a collar. The collar on the suit you mentioned maybe higher than the one on mine and may offer some protection for the face as well.

I think Paintfly looked at and may have bought the suit you mentioned after looking at quite a few. Sounds like you are not just paying £60 for a collar but £60 for perhaps a more durable fabric. I wear my suit all year round even in summer. When out on the water there is almost always a slight breeze and if it clouds over it can get quite chilly if you are at anchor for a while. If you're night fishing it can get cold even in summer.

Quite right Simon. I tried on all the top of range drysuits and it was just an obvious choice despite the Power Rangers colour scheme. (And the collar is vewy cumfy wumfy :wub: )

Quite right Simon. I tried on all the top of range drysuits and it was just an obvious choice despite the Power Rangers colour scheme. (And the collar is vewy cumfy wumfy :wub: )

did somebody mention POWER RANGERS :rolleyes:

pr.jpg

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5