Fishing holidays

rooney888

Ill be of on holiday with me family as usuall and this year ive got choose were to go.

I need info on some venues near the place im staying.

Below are the 4 places ive got to choose from and all have a pool or lake on site.

Usefull info would be cost to fish, what species, depths, best methods, baits to use, bait bans and other bans.

Haven Golden Sands- Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

Haven Primrose Valley- Nr. Filey, Yorkshire

Haven Hafan Y Mor- Pwllheli, North Wales

Haven Thorpe Park- Cleethorpe, Humberside

84854438.png

How many times are you going to post the same message Rooney? I've just deleted 4 duplicate posts, and now find another one! Believe me, your posts are getting through :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

How many times are you going to post the same message Rooney? I've just deleted 4 duplicate posts, and now find another one! Believe me, your posts are getting through :)

sorry, my loading bar was going slow. and didnt realise it was adding each time i clicked it. i kept clicking to see if bar would go faster. as it kept freezing.

84854438.png

HI I have been to primrose valley and i watched a match on the lake there did not see a lot of fish beeing caught but most of the fish i seen were silvers, the site itself is great. You also have the oaks at Sessay and a few miles beyond that you the great woodlands lakes i hope this helps

bob

OI OI,

TWO GOOD SPOT'S THERE IV'E FISHED BOTH, BUT PRIMROSE VALLY IS NOT A KICK OF THE AR$E SCARBOUROUGH & THERE ARE GOOD FISHING PLACE'S ROUND THERE ONE THAT COMES TO MIND IS THE MERE USED TO BE VERRY GOOD BUT NOT BEEN FOR A FEW YEARS.

HOPE IT'S O.K. GET IN TOUCH WITH YORKSHIRE WATER & ASK THEM FOR THERE FREE WHERE TO FISH BOOK,

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

TWO GOOD SPOT'S THERE IV'E FISHED BOTH, BUT PRIMROSE VALLY IS NOT A KICK OF THE AR$E SCARBOUROUGH & THERE ARE GOOD FISHING PLACE'S ROUND THERE ONE THAT COMES TO MIND IS THE MERE USED TO BE VERRY GOOD BUT NOT BEEN FOR A FEW YEARS.

HOPE IT'S O.K. GET IN TOUCH WITH YORKSHIRE WATER & ASK THEM FOR THERE FREE WHERE TO FISH BOOK,

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

do you remember the costs for the oaks and sessey. and whats in those pools.

84854438.png

found out itll cost me its free to fish valley pool as we allways purchase entertainment card so we can have extras and fishing is included. i allso spoke to a friend who used to live near and said it holds plenty of fish but not caught often. but best methosds are up in water and using floating bread for the large carp wich run up to 20lb. and may be bigger.

84854438.png

Haven Thorpe Park- Cleethorpe, Humberside

Angling Times Forum has a thread on places in Cleethorpes to fish, but having just spent Xmas with the inlaws there I can't recommend it for holiday fishing.

How old are your kids ?

We've taken fishing holidays at York Lakeside Lodges and Norfolk Woodlakes. Lakeside has easy access to York so whilst you fish they can do the Viking Centre etc, Woodlakes is easy fishing, first time out I had 2 carp, 3 bream and roach by the bucketload, there was loads of wildlife too, it is more remote though nearest town is Downham Market.

Tony

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

Angling Times Forum has a thread on places in Cleethorpes to fish, but having just spent Xmas with the inlaws there I can't recommend it for holiday fishing.

How old are your kids ?

We've taken fishing holidays at York Lakeside Lodges and Norfolk Woodlakes. Lakeside has easy access to York so whilst you fish they can do the Viking Centre etc, Woodlakes is easy fishing, first time out I had 2 carp, 3 bream and roach by the bucketload, there was loads of wildlife too, it is more remote though nearest town is Downham Market.

Tony

hi, i can only chose were to go out of those as its one of those sun holidays out the sun newspaper. and those places were the only ones we can get to and have fishing. i think ill put thorpe park as bottom choice.

i have no kids im one of the kids :clap2:

because i know how to use computer and were to ask and look i was chosen to find best holiday.

84854438.png

hi, i can only chose were to go out of those as its one of those sun holidays out the sun newspaper. and those places were the only ones we can get to and have fishing. i think ill put thorpe park as bottom choice.

The lake in the country park at Cleethorpes is at least free, its just I like to do my fishing in the countryside surround by nature.

Best

Tony

Tony