2007 species hit list

niko

done the tope on the bream rig myself (a mate landed one useing a barbel rod with a quiver tip!!!)

i wandered if the smaller sharks maybe hung out in different areas ,i know with the tope by me it seems they come in packs of similar sizes

don't worry Nico--most of the marks we've got planned for them haven't yielded anything of that size for years if ever,,but you never know :rolleyes:

Had some Tope last year on my mark and they were much smaller than Tywyn :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry Nico--most of the marks we've got planned for them haven't yielded anything of that size for years if ever,,but you never know :rolleyes:

Had some Tope last year on my mark and they were much smaller than Tywyn :thumbs:

hell it would be something to see (from a distance with knees shacking :D

Sharking with White Water Charters of Pembrokeshire Blues and Porgies

And thats why I love living here :thumbs:

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

It'd be one hell of a paddle out to the sharking grounds (no I don't mean Minnies in H'west)

Must be a good 40 k's. Better star out early :D

Well you would'nt want to paddle out to where the general population of Blue's are. I think a lot of the time the boats are around the Celtic deeps which is past the Smalls about 20 miles from St Annes head. The porgies on the other hand come a lot closer within moderate paddling range. The skippers put in some serious mileage and hard work to get these fish, it's not easy by any means and they deserve every fish.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Blues come inside the Isle of Wight. There was the regular Probeagle fishery off the Needles - in the race and those fish will still be going there. One skipper told me just the other day that they saw 3 threshers inside the isle of Wight working a huge mackerel shoal this summer - so you don't have to go far.

As far as targetting smaller ones of a certain species Nico - time of year and location mate. Bude has Porgies within 1 mile - bigguns at the start and end of the season, littleuns in the middle - bigguns are 350lbs - 700+, littleuns genrally in the 80lb - 150lb bracket (July and August) No secret, the locals run plenty of trips. A fairly localised area too - just don't tell the French or they'll long line them and that will be that.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

My choice for this year:

to be able to get out more often!!! Then - a decent sized tope for a change, a decent bass and a cod. Flatfish will hopefully put in an appearance (thank you Neil!) but you can keep your smelly, slimey, slithery old congers to yourselves - and then the new Holy Grail - a tuna! Possibly a shark, I tried to get a blue last year in Ireland - another spot where they come within 1/2 mile of land - but the water was still too cold and there were none about - 6 charter boats tried for a week without a single run.

Let's just hope we ALL get a good years fishing and fun. Roll on some decent weather.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo