2007 species hit list

niko

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a blue!!!!! a porgie is something else but a blue on the yak !!!

why not? :rolleyes: Zzippy had one on last year :bigemo_harabe_net-195:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

no resan why not i guess ,just wandering with these two sharks is it possible to target the smaller ones (or avoid the 400lb ers)

If you hook a big one you could always earn some brownie points and get the shopping in before paddling back from france (assuming that's the direction you get dragged.) It would be one hell of a rush though!!

Forgetting the blues etc what if you hook up with one of our new friendly great whites?

Be careful when collecting Crayfish from your river there mate, you need a licence to do that from the Environment Agency if you are in what they deem to be a "go" area (i.e one with more signals than natives). If you are in a no go area, you are only aloud to remove them for scientific purposes

But they are damn tasty!

We have neither - our localeis abundant in Long Clawed Turkish. You need a licence to set traps for them but should they come up on a deadbait - as happens loads - then you're fie. Not sure where hand-gathering stands but that is something we have done.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

If you hook a big one you could always earn some brownie points and get the shopping in before paddling back from france (assuming that's the direction you get dragged.) It would be one hell of a rush though!!

Forgetting the blues etc what if you hook up with one of our new friendly great whites?

you'd get a faster ride! :thumbs:

no resan why not i guess ,just wandering with these two sharks is it possible to target the smaller ones (or avoid the 400lb ers)

not possible---just ask Martin Hurst--he had a tope on a bream rig :blink:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

done the tope on the bream rig myself (a mate landed one useing a barbel rod with a quiver tip!!!)

i wandered if the smaller sharks maybe hung out in different areas ,i know with the tope by me it seems they come in packs of similar sizes

My dad a long time ago was feathering up mackies, on my uncles boat, off Dale W.Wales, when a suspected tope hit one of the mackies. I remeber seeing that rod slam down, and I heard me old man swear for the first time, funny what you remember

For me A good sized Tope, Conger, cod over 10lb, Bass anysize is a good one, a decent Pollack and a Bluey would be a bounus.

To see and hopefully assist in landing a Tope on the fly and same with a Blue conventional tackle or otherwise, just to see one on a yak would be great.

As for a Porgy I aint interested myself but would take my hat off to anyone who gets one.

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I