Paddle Round the Pier Beach Festival: Charity Open Comp

underwaterimage

Now confirmed that the fishing comp trophy is being hand crafted by Mike Shorer. Maker of jewelery to the royals and celebrities. He also makes some pretty funky trophies for things such as embassy snooker, 888 poker, vegas poker champs...........

For an idea of what this fella can do check out the link below.

http://www.mikeshorerjewellery.com/h...hies/site.html

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top blokes at Tronix have just delivered three whacking big bags of tackle for me to raffle off at the competion. So at least three lucky anglers will be wandering off with a load of gear each. To see what sort of top kit they provide check out http://www.tronixuk.com/

Thanks

Sean

Best regards

Sean Clark

Underwaterimage Good luck with charity event for the RNLI and other charities it is all a very worthy cause i myself have organized a few charity evenents for the RNLI over the years and for heart foundation and raised on some occasions quite substantial amounts of money all with the help of some of the other skippers in whitby donating there time and fuel taking people on fun fishing competition on an evening after allready doing 10 hrs at sea local buisness donated prizes but we havent done one for a couple of years now but just the other day it was once again mentioned so over the next couple of months there could well be a charity event for the RNLI once again.

regards

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Ian from Moonfleet Angling has just delivered a whole set of superb prizes listed below.

1) Rig wallet stuffed to the brim with top notch snoods, rigs beads, hooks, swivels........

2) A whole tube full of his top of the range ready to go rigs. These are the business!!

3) Now this prize is amazing, A personally guided twelve hours fishing for two at one of Moonfleets best isolated fishing hotspots in Dorset INCLUDING all bait, tackle and equipment.

To see these items visit http://www.moonfleet-angling.com

A huge thanks to Ian for this amazing donation.

The Paddle site is not quite up to date with new info so please follow the link below to download the poster, sponsor forms and a set of the rules.

http://www.shorehamangling.co.uk/sas/newss...tp07/prtp07.htm

Cheers

UWI

Best regards

Sean Clark

• 1 month later...

Trophy And Prize Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only two weeks to go to the comp. Im photographing the trophy on Friday and will post up here what your fishing for. Keep those sponsors comming.

Also we have a couple of odd prizes donated, but prizes nonetheless.

Gardener and Scardifield in Lancing have given us a heat gun cased with all the attachments. Handy for the decorators out there. Also Compass Marine in Lancing have donated a good sized model sailing ship. So for anyone into that sort of thing then this is for you.

Please come along, bring some mates and get sponsored. Dont forget the top raffle prize is a brand new fishing kayak from www.perception.co.uk

Cheers

Sean

Best regards

Sean Clark

Sean, for those of us who WON'T be able to make it on the day!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: Any chance of selling us some tickets anyway please? Or are you keeping em All to yourself?? :D :D :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sean, for those of us who WON'T be able to make it on the day!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: Any chance of selling us some tickets anyway please? Or are you keeping em All to yourself?? :D :D :D

Hi Chris,

I was singing your praises again the other day as my mate was freezing and wet while i was warm and dry. I have to be honest and say that no one has ever asked to buy tickets before. I will speak to the other organisers. Either way the the way it works is for every £20 sponsorship raised you get a raffle ticket for a chance to win a prize. Thing is people need to be there on the day to take the prize away as any postage would loose the charitys money. Like i say, will talk to the guys and post back.

Cheers mate

Sean

Best regards

Sean Clark

Afternoon all,

Dave from the Tackle Box at Brighton Marina has given me a shiney new beach caster to give to one lucky raffle winner. Also........

This is the hand crafted trophy made for the Paddle Round the Pier Charity Fishing Open to be held next Saturday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/underwaterima...57600565638318/

If you fancy being the first champion to be named on the trophy and have it in your cabinet for the first year then get entering at http://www.paddleroundthepier.com/fishing_comp.html

All proceeds to the three charities.

Cheers

Sean

Best regards

Sean Clark

• 2 weeks later...

The weekends event was a big success despite a very lumpy sea on Saturday. One of my rescue divers spent the afternoon chucking up over the side. We raised £12k and counting over the two days.

Sadly the fishing comp fell on its arse. Despite £2000 of prizes to raffle away and the hand made trophy worth £1900 only six anglers turned up!!!

Devastated is an understatement although those six did raise nearly £400 between them!! Picture of the races here if you fancy a peek.

http://tinyurl.com/2996ze

Sean

Best regards

Sean Clark

Don't know what to say mate?? All that effort and 6 people turn out?? What a bummer for you!! But at least they did not so bad I suppose. Just sorry I couldn't make it myself!! But went to book a ferry and they want £500+ for the trip!!!!

Well at least the rest went ok? £12k and counting!! You deserve a pat on the back for that at the VERY least!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))