peeler crab farming?y

samuel-cox

NO 1 cod bait on my coast live peeler if i had this bait available year round i would never dig again .

NO 2 bait on my coast it has to be froz crab with a black lug .

good standbys are mussel or rag .

has any good match angler or good cod man ever nailed fish on a squiud bait off the shore either on its own or cocktailed .

once the peel has ended to me that is it in spr sum fair enough its enjoyable but nov/dec even my olde lab didnt like it.but anyone oop north who buys crab in good l;uck you will nail fish.

i had 2 fish on thur night full of small fish and crustacean edible and lobster.makes you laugh when youhear of crab sizes the lobster was prawn size

no offence sam c its just the way it is.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

winter what crab do you prefer over there to me its the shore crab thats the best except.

freshj red for summer cod in the kelp.

but ive also found a velvet peeeling site that im g0oing t6o fish for bass and conger

please correct me if im wrong

Guest jay_con

I dont have a favorite max. Just a favorite in various situations.

On open scars I like shore crab, in other places i like velvets.

Where theres sand I like lug worm and hermit cocktail.

With regard to squid-

A friend and I fished a hole on a scar about 6 years back now. When we got there there was already someone there, but not being put off we decided to be sociable and fish next to them.

We both cast in with squid on ( the small stuff from the supermarket). We got speaking to the lad in between us who said he hadnt had a bite all night on crab and worm. After a bout 2 mins my freind and I both had a bite and pulled out a fish about 4 pound each, the guy in the middle just looked at us in amazement. By the end of the night we had both caught in excess of 30 pound of fish (many returned alive and well) each whilst the guy in the middle never had a bite - all on squid or squid and worm cocktails.

Other than this ive never done that well with it although I feel it does work well in kelp at times.

About 3 months later I happened to be fishing next to the same guy in the same place, he caught 4 fish and I never had a bite. He said when I was leaving " now you know how it feels"

fair enough macky but its a different sea to me. i fish the west coast.it just does not seem to catch over here .when ive been over there it seems to be black tipped with white.

although lug/crab cocktail worked well over there.

by the way them holderness beaches are the best.deep water strong tides although i could not fish them all the time. i need to feel rock beneath me .roll on bridlington and a **** up at with.

Guest jay_con

It was 20th dec 1998.

by scar I mean slate area with a few rocks and occasionally wrack weed - the type of area you might collect peelers. Often no more than 5 or 6 foot deep.

only fished it in matches lovely ground.

i used to holiday at berwick some of those marks are the best but ive never met an angler that fished them serious.i would love to fish them properly over a few seasons.

the type of scar sounds like we would describe one except ours usually have coral on them

Guest jay_con

Some north of whitby have like a coral on them. The ones with wrack weed can produce more fish at times, i guess there is more food there and more cover for the fish to move about in.

do you come over to the east coast to fish for cod? what is the cod fishing like over there max?