peeler crab farming?y

samuel-cox

Guest jay_con

I think I actually do it the opposite way max. I get

them to crack in water through the week then hold them in the fridge untill the weekend when I have more time to keep an eye on them. I put all the ones almost ready in a seperate tank and check them every few hours, then peel them as soon as they are ready.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried crab pellets? They are used by carp anglers and a friend started using them for flounder fishing by threading them through the hook and up the line, baiting the hook with either lug or rag. As fish feed mainly by smell I gave it a try and it certainly gave good results. Since then I have fished them behind rag, lug, squid and fish baits for bass, cod and whiting with good results, either my luck is improoving or methods. Certainly worth a try when fresh peelers are not on the menue. 50p is cheap for a peeler, I have seen them for up to 80p, and see them is all I do.

By the way what are these 12hr light and dark plants ??!!! :rolleyes::P:P

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Maximo - how deep do you have your airstones? If the water is deep then your pumps have to work harder to overcome the water pressure.

Winter - re.temperature - I was trying to emphasise that it won't be temperature that kills the crabs.

A useful tip when collecting seawater - leave it to stand for a week or 2 in the dark, this makes all the plankton in it die and sink to the bottom, leaving you with nice 'clean' water to use.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Been crabbing for only a relatively short time,but only keep the crabs in an inch of water with a wet towel over the top of them.

some of the ideas on here are excellent and has got me thinking of going all out and try to get top peelers all year round.

this is my first post,and I'm based in bonny northumberland.

cheers