what do you reccomend

rooney888

i was thinking of getting some new rods and reels. when i started i didnt have much money so i bought 3 leeda 2xl rods and reels and i thought id upgrade and have them for bream and tench nighters instead.

is there any you could reccomend. i was thinking of spending about £150 . im looking for a 3 rod setup.

84854438.png

i was thinking of getting some new rods and reels. when i started i didnt have much money so i bought 3 leeda 2xl rods and reels and i thought id upgrade and have them for bream and tench nighters instead.

is there any you could reccomend. i was thinking of spending about £150 . im looking for a 3 rod setup.

Climax Tackle (0800 655 6369) doing a good combi deal at the moment:- Wychwood Rage Rod + Freespin 60 Reel for £49.99 !!!! Should leave you about 3p change mate.

Cheers - Phil

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I would advise you stick with what you have - you won't get anything great for 150 for a 3 rod set up. Get say a pair of rods with the money or reels and then add to it later. To my way of thinking rods go in brackets say up to 50 quid, then 70-100, then 100+. Reels are similar but there are some good ones available for quite good prices nowadays (especially if you negotiate for 2 or 3 at the same time).

If you go down the route you suggest you will just want to upgrade it all again this time next year, and at least if you buy better equipment you can get a bit more money back should you want to sell it.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

I would advise you stick with what you have - you won't get anything great for 150 for a 3 rod set up. Get say a pair of rods with the money or reels and then add to it later. To my way of thinking rods go in brackets say up to 50 quid, then 70-100, then 100+. Reels are similar but there are some good ones available for quite good prices nowadays (especially if you negotiate for 2 or 3 at the same time).

If you go down the route you suggest you will just want to upgrade it all again this time next year, and at least if you buy better equipment you can get a bit more money back should you want to sell it.

Rob.

i think thats the best thing to do. thanks rob. and thanks to all other advise. ill pass information on to me mate hes gonna buy his first setup and the rage rod and reel combi is perfect.

84854438.png

I went the other way : bought the Wychwood Rogue / Reel combi then more recently a Leeda 2XL

feeder for which I'm now looking for a reel. See also the thread on reels / backing line. My 60's have a lot of line left on the spool even with me casting 2oz bombs.

Tony

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

I got back into my carping after a long break and bought Daiwa Emcast Evo 5500 reels and Fox Warrior XT rods and am well pleased with them :thumbs: The Reels can be bought for £39.99 and the rods for £49.99 and they handle everything i can throw at them. Highly recommended :thumbs: