Speed Camera's

Paul_D

Guest long-trotter

How else do we get our pensions paid :D Like it Paul :thumbs:

These are my ramblings and not the views of my force.

I am not a big fan of camera Vans,Gatso's etc. The reason being they are to indiscriminate, and they have soured relationships between us and Joe public. A camera shows no discretion a Good Police Officer does. I have followed people driving above the prescribed limits and they have been doing so in full control, then I have followed vehicles below prescribed limits and they have been driven appalingly.

I think that discretion is the most important tool a GoodPolice officer can have. It is the individual Police Officer's one tool that allows Him/her to implement justice rather than pure law, Cameras inforce pure law and so the discretion has gone, along with public confidence.

Regards Anthony

P.S I Got 17 with the help of a 20inch monitor :clap:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How else do we get our pensions paid :D Like it Paul :thumbs:

These are my ramblings and not the views of my force.

I am not a big fan of camera Vans,Gatso's etc. The reason being they are to indiscriminate, and they have soured relationships between us and Joe public. A camera shows no discretion a Good Police Officer does. I have followed people driving above the prescribed limits and they have been doing so in full control, then I have followed vehicles below prescribed limits and they have been driven appalingly.

I think that discretion is the most important tool a GoodPolice officer can have. It is the individual Police Officer's one tool that allows Him/her to implement justice rather than pure law, Cameras inforce pure law and so the discretion has gone, along with public confidence.

Regards Anthony

P.S I Got 17 with the help of a 20inch monitor :clap:

Cor, i think you aught to be a judge, police officer and a traffic warden, on piece work, you would earn a fortune and the respect of the punters, cheers.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest Ferret1959

I wonder if I can trigger a speed cam with my radio controlled monster truck.

Tuned up they can reach 70mph.

Would it have to span two of the white lines to get a flash?

OI OI,

Dont worry about it barry i got 9 out of 19, 3points on my licence & iv'e been driving for 36yrs i guess i been lucky LOL.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ave you checked to see if youv'e been stuck in first gear all that time, cheers Merlino :clap2:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest long-trotter

Dave, I have seen push bikes set them off, have several pics on the wall in the rest room of the backs of cyclist's one is a very nice peachy female bum :rolleyes:

As for the remote control car, it may be to small to activate it, I will ask one of our technical staff and let you know.

Barry I have been called many things in my time but never a :o traffic warden :o spit spit :P

Anthony

Edited by long-trotter

Dave, I have seen push bikes set them off, have several pics on the wall in the rest room of the backs of cyclist's one is a very nice peachy female bum :rolleyes:

As for the remote control car, it may be to small to activate it, I will ask one of our technical staff and let you know.

Barry I have been called many things in my time but never a :o traffic warden :o spit spit :P

Anthony

some people on here recon they are nice guys and would like to be one do you recon they might be masochists as i was wonderin :rolleyes: ?

Guest long-trotter
some people on here recon they are nice guys and would like to be one do you recon they might be masochists as i was wonderin :rolleyes: ?

Barry, To be honest the lot we work with they are not a bad lot, like all organisations there is good and bad, it's the private firms I have a bit of an issue with they tend to be a little bit to entusiastic.

As I said the Council run boys & girls are ok. And let me tell you there is no truth in the rumour that they sleep upside down in caves. :P

I attended a serious incident a few years back, A restaurant full of traffic wardens was held hostage.

The bad guys threatened that, until all their demands were met, they would release one traffic warden every hour. :o

Barry, To be honest the lot we work with they are not a bad lot, like all organisations there is good and bad, it's the private firms I have a bit of an issue with they tend to be a little bit to entusiastic.

As I said the Council run boys & girls are ok. And let me tell you there is no truth in the rumour that they sleep upside down in caves. :P

I attended a serious incident a few years back, A restaurant full of traffic wardens was held hostage.

The bad guys threatened that, until all their demands were met, they would release one traffic warden every hour. :o

Thats the worst orrer story iv'e ever heard. It must ave been terrible for you, did they let you have councelling afterwards. :thumbs:

Guest long-trotter

On a serious note. I am a big fan of the satnavs with updatable safety camera data base. I am not encouraging you to use it as a tool to speed, they are great at warning you of accident blackspots, they also warn you if your speed is creaping towards the limit. You can buy updatable safety camera datbase sat navs for as little as £100 pounds I have used a Garmin for the past 3 years,

the camera updates are available for £2 a month from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras I update mine every three months or if I am going on a long journey, they include mobile camera sites. Well worth the money especially when in a strange city. Also you have the benefit of actually not getting lost too.

It's better than trusting Mrs Longtrotter with the map ;)

Regards LT

Edited by long-trotter

Guest Ferret1959

Looking at the 'spot the speed cam' link it says about unmarked vans.

Now I understand the speed cam vans should be mark but the ones spotting road tax dodgers need not be marked.

Am I right?