HELP! Wireless Printer server type~!

Chris Goddard

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has a dos box ;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

<Start> <Run> cmd <enter>

Dos window will come up

Ping 192.168.2.253 <enter>

should show values.

I expect the bit where you said it mentions another IP (192.168.2.100) is to get your PC in the printer servers 'range', what is your PC's IP?

<Start> <Run> cmd <enter>

ipconfig /all<enter>

will list all your pc's ip stuff - see what your pc's ip is ? if its not 192.168.2.xxx it will not talk to the Pserver, you will have to move your IP setting to 192.168.2.1 or 100 etc to 'search up' to 255 & the router NB write down your IP as everything else is set up? as I expect you will want to move the Pserver IP to be within your main networks IP range (normally 192.168.1.xxx)

It is nearly always easier to use a wired RJ45 cable to configure any wireless thingy first and then connect to it wirelessly.

( & I use my work notebook as it's not normally part of my home network and therefore not missed by the wireless network when on configuration duties).

(& Bon Soir Chris)

Edited by Tog
Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Ricksteruk was right!! Had a couple of nasties which were preventing me loading the CMD command!

Anyway many thanks for that!

Well got the command up and all is well ping works etc. BUT still cannot use the bloody router!! As is usual in these cases the documenattion is out of date with windows and the BELKON site in the UK has been out of sorts???! For several days!! So now trying to print off another PDF document I have found and see if that works!!

Tog!! Just seen your bit!! Will try that as that MAY sort it!! Bon soir!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

stab in the dark, look into port forwarding, also make sure your firewall is not preventing anything from getting through

Think it is something to do with the firewall myself! BUT BElkin who are USUALLYT very good on support seem to have dissapeared!! But just a question Andy, what is "Port Forwarding"??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Think it is something to do with the firewall myself! BUT BElkin who are USUALLYT very good on support seem to have dissapeared!! But just a question Andy, what is "Port Forwarding"??

I'm new to the forum so bear with me.

As well as your PC and Printer server do you have a router and if so what model is it?

Sandy

its in your wireless router configuration, somtimes if you have a server running on one machine you need to set it to beable to go through like gates if you will. computers wont see the server because they cant see the port for it.

somthin like that.

i had a friend who had 2 pc's and an ftp server on pc #2, she couldnt connect to the ftp server from pc #1 because the port forwarding wasnt set correctly in the router. its not somthing i do so im not fully aware of how to do it, its best you find an article on it. try typing "port forwarding" and your printer into google.

you will need to save and restart router after setting port forwarding

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Thanks Andy!! I'll have a look as I am getting nowheer fast!!

Sandyman, certainly no need to apologise matey!! Thanks for the post, the router is a BELKIN as well and according to all the online and user manuals I can find it should work!! But goiung to have a look at Andys suggestion as well now. But if you feel you can help even if you are not sure I am prepared to have a go at owt!! Bloody thing cost me £56 and can't now take it back.......

Chris Goddard

Thanks Andy!! I'll have a look as I am getting nowheer fast!!

Sandyman, certainly no need to apologise matey!! Thanks for the post, the router is a BELKIN as well and according to all the online and user manuals I can find it should work!! But goiung to have a look at Andys suggestion as well now. But if you feel you can help even if you are not sure I am prepared to have a go at owt!! Bloody thing cost me £56 and can't now take it back.......

Chris could you let me know what model of Router and print server you have?