Darts Some Famous Qoutes

hembo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...rts/6231707.stm

the final is on bbc2 at 18.00hrs .it is played in such a great atmosphere i might dig out my arrows again.

there are some really funny qoutes

Before a match I like to relax with 25 bottles of Holsten Pils and six steak n' kidney pies.

Andy Fordham on his MySpace page (Yes, even The Viking has a Myspace page.)

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Anybody watch the final?

If you did, I don't need to mention the match to you.

If you didnt - all I can really say is WOW!!

Adams was 6-0 up in sets (first to 7 to win). Nixon needed 7 sets on the trot to get the trophy. They come out after the break and nixon gets a set.....................then another.................then another -yep, you got it, 6-6 in sets, Adams has missed 4 attempts at taking the championship up to this point.

Adams goes on to win the final 7-6 - then best final ever and an unbelievable comeback from runner up Nixon

"Pineapples are Evil"

"No really!, they are!!"

I've been watching the whole tournament and, up until Nixon's first set, was really sad that I was witnessing a whitewash. Then, well, what can you say? Everyone must have been rooting for him to do it. A fantastic world final, that!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nixon had been trying to qualify for 20 years and for him to go as far as he did when he did get in, is an amazing achievement. But, I have to say I'm glad for Wolfie, it's been horrible watching him keep trying and getting so close for so many years. If I remember right he was in it each year for the last 14 years.

Edited by Slug Salter

WOW - that was some final. Absolutely brilliant. To come back from 6-0 down to level the match takes some doing. you gotta take your hat off to that Nixon guy for such a gutsy comeback and not giving in. I'm not a big darts person but I've watched it from 1800 to 1900 each night and was totally glued to the final.

Well done to both finalist.

Yogi. :thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

Yes an amazing game!!!I love the game myself. I play for my local in our darts league on a Friday night.We have not got a good team but the craic is mint :thumbs: As far as ability goes I am well down the pecking order :mellow: Normally play on 19s these days and will maybe hit one or two of these a year

Darts1-1.jpg

The guys in this comp seem to do it every game.I take my hat off to their skill :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy