Seat Under-Cushion

gilbo

Just ordered a couple of Self Inflating Camping / Sport cushions which are a few quid each.

Have found on longer paddles that my back side goes completely numb and I find myself shifting around in the seat trying to get some feeling back. I have the Grey Ocean Kayak Comfort seat but still find it offers not enough padding.

Was thinking of using one of these fixed under the seat which will give an extra inch or so of padding. The seat straps in very well and so dont see a problem with them staying in place. They are water resistant and will probably get a bit wet but for a few quid they are almost "throw away".

Anyone else tried this or suffer the same?

I tried an inflatable one and I nearly fell out of the kayak as it sort of rolled me from one cheek to the other, in the end I let some air out so that my sit bones were touching the seat and the sides supported everything else, haven't used it since, but it did work

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Bought one of these in Lidl for £2.99 but don't use it as its a bit too big for the seat and raises your centre of gravity too much, get down the camping shops and buy the fattest £1 sit mat you can find, .... much better (get 2!)

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame

bubble wrap lads :thumbs:

Second that, keeps the posteria nice and warm too. Not that I need any extra insulation :D

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Bubble wrap. Could be a bit embarrasing when you first sit in the Kayak........imagine the kids faces on the beach....."Cor Dad"...."did you hear that bloke in the boat ? " :D

That might happen with you light weight folk. In my case more like, "Cor Dad .. did you hear that explosion? Is the Navy shelling this beach?"

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just ordered a couple of Self Inflating Camping / Sport cushions which are a few quid each.

Have found on longer paddles that my back side goes completely numb and I find myself shifting around in the seat trying to get some feeling back. I have the Grey Ocean Kayak Comfort seat but still find it offers not enough padding.

Was thinking of using one of these fixed under the seat which will give an extra inch or so of padding. The seat straps in very well and so dont see a problem with them staying in place. They are water resistant and will probably get a bit wet but for a few quid they are almost "throw away".

Anyone else tried this or suffer the same?

i got one of those camping mats about 6' long 18" wide and 6mm thick, i'm not sure what its made from , it is waterproof and comfy to sit on, its very light weight, what i did was cut 3 peices to shape with scissors and glued them with spray carpet adhesive, it is roughly an inch thick, very warm to sit on and comfortable, there was enough left over to put under my crate in the back to stop it moving about, try it ,i bet you wont find a warmer cushion to sit on and it is very dense so it wont flatten out when sit on it, i have'nt been out for more than 4 hours , but in that time its been very comfy, another bonus is it only cost me £2.99, i've got another just in case i think of something else to use it for