Jessops v E-Bay prices.

Yogi

Thinking about getting another lens as some of you may be aware.

I'm after something in the 17-85 bracket. I popped into Jessops today in Peterborough and they have a 17-85, F4-5.6 with a IS and USM. Ideal eh. This was going for £530. The same lens on E.Bay brand new incl postage is £352.98 - a saving of £177.92. Incredible, absolutely incredible savings.

Yogi. :headhurt:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

Thinking about getting another lens as some of you may be aware.

I'm after something in the 17-85 bracket. I popped into Jessops today in Peterborough and they have a 17-85, F4-5.6 with a IS and USM. Ideal eh. This was going for £530. The same lens on E.Bay brand new incl postage is £352.98 - a saving of £177.92. Incredible, absolutely incredible savings.

Just spotted a 16-35, f2.8 L series with a USM at a good price too.

Kill nothing but time.

Just spotted a 16-35, f2.8 L series with a USM at a good price too.

Jessops will price match + a further 10% discount any genuine UK website (not ebay) simply find the cheapest price on the net print it off and take it to Jessops, they will check the site price and availabilty, and provided it's in stock they will sell it to you 10% cheaper, so get surfing!

The next one will be a biggy

Online price comparison sites should be useful, although many of the firms sell only online at these prices. There are links to 3 of these comparison sites in the link vault at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...mp;#entry582934

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Jessops will price match + a further 10% discount any genuine UK website (not ebay) simply find the cheapest price on the net print it off and take it to Jessops, they will check the site price and availabilty, and provided it's in stock they will sell it to you 10% cheaper, so get surfing!

Just checked Warehouse Express on that lens and its £395 - good price that eh. Might be worth printing off a copy and trying them eh. That 10% will get it almost down to E-Bay price.

Yogi. :thumbs::thumbs:

Kill nothing but time.

Which one would you choose based on performance and costings.

17-40, f4L USM - £434.98. Plus factor L series - minus is no IS

16-35, f2.8L USM - £754.98. Plus factor 2.8 L series - minus factor is price and no IS.

17-85, f4-5.6 IS USM - £343.98. Plus factor zoom range, IS and price - minus is f4-5.6.

All lens are £10 P&P.

I'm seriously thinking on the 17-85 mainly because of the range and IS facility.

Yogi. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Kill nothing but time.

I've always used Warehouse Express. Fast delivery and always seemed like pretty good prices.

Hi Chippy

Whats the average delivery times from Warehouse Express from ordering to actual delivery ? - have to admit the prices are good.

Yogi :thumbs:

Kill nothing but time.

Not any more they won't. Just got back from Jessops and they stopped doing their price match sceme about a month ago. Warehouse Express it is then.

Kill nothing but time.