camping and fishing

Big Jo

Hi

Me and some mates of mine want to go fishing next weekend.we want to do a 48hour session so we will be camping in tents.

the problem is i don't know of any waters that allows fires as we want to have a little BBQ while we fish.

Anyone out there that knows waters that allow you to make a little fire

please let me know. I will appreciat it very much.

Thank You

Big Jo

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

Most fisheries do not allow fires or BBQ's, but they do allow stoves (though I would not recommend using a butane stove at this time of year).

You also may have a problem with tents as often a venue will only allow bivvy type set ups; though quite what the difference is between a small dome tent and most modern bivvies I am at a loss to know.

Your best bet would be to look for camping venues that have fishing on site and they may be more liberal regarding fires, the problem would be however, is that most campsites do not open until Mid March at the earliest.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony U, out of interest why would you not recommend using a butane stove this time of year? I went fishing last Feb and used my butane stove ok

Just interested

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Maybe a silly question but do you chaps not have gas bbq's, we use them a lot here, it is a big dish type thing with the gas burner underneath, the pipe is then attached to a gas bottle.

STC I ask the same question about dome tents and bivvies often.

Roger

Tony U, out of interest why would you not recommend using a butane stove this time of year? I went fishing last Feb and used my butane stove ok

Just interested

STC

STC

Butane (Camping gaz and similar) remains liquid at a fairly high temperature 2 - 5˚C, which makes the stove sluggish in cold weather. Its best to use a propane or a Fuel based stove as these will function in the cold.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Maybe a silly question but do you chaps not have gas bbq's, we use them a lot here, it is a big dish type thing with the gas burner underneath, the pipe is then attached to a gas bottle.

STC I ask the same question about dome tents and bivvies often.

Roger

Roger, the funny thing is i am south african, and we want to make " 'n Potjie"

I have a gas BBQ but we all know it is not the same.

But thanks for the info

Johan

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

Thanks pete

Well first off all i live in east london. so i want to try some new and yes easy essex waters. Me and the guys i am going with are all new to carp fishing so we are all still learning.

Any ideas welcome

Thank You

Big Jo

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

i believe modern c206? gaz cylinders are now a propane/ butane mix ,altitude has effects on them ,we tried one on scar fell pike in 74 and it wouldnt light! the slightly lower air pressure made the gas supply faster so it blew its own flame out :o

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks pete

Well first off all i live in east london. so i want to try some new and yes easy essex waters. Me and the guys i am going with are all new to carp fishing so we are all still learning.

Any ideas welcome

Thank You

Big Jo

Hi Jo, try looking here, lots of places mentioned out in essex

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"