Disney

Harold.

FWIW, the Disney folks didn't need PETA or any other group to try this particular bit of nonsense.

Bambi was an attempt at getting deer hunting (with a follow-on for other types) to fall out of favor. Oops - that one didn't work so well, did it. I'm betting that this one won't either.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

"The weirdest paranormal experiment was conducted by an ex-CIA interrogator named Cleve Backster, who pioneered polygraphs, the lie detectors which detect human stress levels by measuring the flow of electricity through skin. Backster wired up his potted rubber plant to a lie detector to see if the needle flickered when the plant was harmed. There was no reaction when he dipped a leaf in hot coffee - maybe rubber plants like a good, frothy cappuccino - but when he thought to himself, "I’m going to light a match and burn a stem," the polygraph went into overdrive. Plants, it seems, can read our minds. Backster went on to prove that his plant shared in the suffering of even the tiniest creatures, by watching the needle jump every time he dropped a live shrimp into boiling water."

I heard of this some time ago. He conducted another experiment as follows.

He got a group of people, 7 I think, to go into a room one at a time. In the room were 2 rubber plants. One of the people was to completely mutilate one of the rubber plants, but keep their indentity to themselves. He then connected the lie detector to the remainig rubber plant and got the group of people to, one at a time, approach the rubber plant. He got a reaction when about the third person stood in front of the rubber plant and surmised, correctly, that this was the person who had destroyed the other plant. To complete the experiment he got the rest of the group to stand in front of the rubber plant and got a small reaction when the last person came close. Mystified why this should happen, he questioned the person for some time. It turned out that the person had mowed his lawn that morning. The rubber plant knew!!

Rubber plants must be more clever than fish!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Sad that Disney has allowed PETA access to its resources and yet serves up swordfish steaks in its restaurants!

Almost certainly caught on indescriminate longlines.