How much is caught on charter trips?

Toerag

If wreck fishing is going the same way as inshore or beach fishing has then perhaps it should stop, make these areas a safe haven and give the few fish that are left on them a break, commercial and rod and line,the few cod on these wrecks get chased all year from pillar to post, that is not sustainable fishing in my book and i dont beleive most people when they say they return these fish after they have knocked one the head, As for white rag jaffa yes i have no problem at all banning these from fishing nor peelers or maddies none of these are allowed in our club comps.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stavey,

I certainly do exactly what I write and the post on this thread are 100% accurate.

I think you are grossly under estimating the conservational attitude amongst anglers.

The majority of us like to meet up, cast a line, have a chat and a pint after, IF we catch fish it is the cream on the cake.

I do not know about white rag, but I do know areas where maddies can be dug without a shortage.

As for peelers they are in short supply where you can park up and walk 10m to the beach!! BUT if you don't mind putting in a bit of effort and get away from these popular spots they can be found in their thousands.

Are you advocating stopping inshore and beach fishing as it appears you think they are in a worse state than wreck marks??

I can honestly say I have never blanked on Cyfen Sidan, on a bad day it might be a few small flatties, whiting or bass, but I take these days in the same spirit as a good one.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hi Ladz,

I'm on a boat for 12 hours in the Thames Estuary for £160. He supplys the Hermits free.

Good fishing after the Thorbacks, Bass and Smoothound.

Tl

Matt

Hia's All

hi ken, well i do get a bit carried away sometimes but you will know i start with words like, maybe, or perhaps ie, suggestions, i dont strongly advocate this and that, but try to encourage a bit of a sensible debate, i would however say i think their should be areas like wrecks out deep, inshore, and just off the beach that should be protected, and i think a total ban on all fishing in these places would benefit us all, especially holding areas for breading and nurseries etc, what do you think?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest jay_con

We have a similer sort of idea here already in existance. An area of several miles square which is beleived to be a big breeding ground. It is a designated no trawl zone. Only trouble is the buggers trawl in it at some time or another. Whatever rules you personnaly think would help your sport, when it comes to the crunch all are useless as no bugger enforces them. Campaign for enforcement and you might start to get somewhere.

@SPRING@:

Is that true about the makeral dieing? How else can you get thyem off the hook?

Use a small T bar/disgorger or 'shake' them off the hook.

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

mackeral and herring have very soft mouths which is why a lot fall of the hook when lifting overboard, commercial line fishers are very skilled at doing this they lift and shake the line all in one movement which is quite amazing to see.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"