HOW FAR CAN IT GO!!!

Guest bennyTHEBASS

fishing before shooting otherwise they will have to reword their own theory that shooting is kinder to foxes than hunting them .

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

demon Any tips on Beach rod type for casting a fox as bait - they seem a bit heavy - maybe I'll stick to worms!!! demon

:o Politians are worms but I wouldnt use one - they smell too much! I only use frseh bait!!! demon :o

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone noticed recently the sudden rise in supposed endangered species of all sorts of beasts.

I dont think its all true its just various organisations on the ban-waggan

the RSPB were on the TV about two months ago reporting what a wonderful job they were doing at Magilligan Point (Northern Ireland)with the help of the farmers birds from the North are now stopping around that area on there way to Lough Neagh.(Which is an hours drive down the road)

Ever since I was a boy(Nearly 50 now) birds of all kinds landed there and nested without any help from anyone. Yes I was brought up in that area and played and fished the coast before anyone asks. Each time I visit that area it has not changed any nor the wild life. Pity we cant get rid of the prison though.

Interesting the Irish Hare is doing well in this area (I wouder why there has been a hunting ban on them) Then some people do not know the difference between a rabit and a hare.

[ 22. March 2005, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: ARTHUR ]

ARTHUR:

Then some people do not know the difference between a rabit and a hare.

The only absolute differences I know of between rabbits and hares

- rabbit young are born with closed eyes and no fur while hare young are born with open eyes and some fur.

- skulls are different enough to tell rabbit from hare but only with all the meat gone.

So I'd have to say it's not surprising that folks can't always tell one from the other. Easy enough in a small area where you are familiar with the local ones but otherwise - t'aint easy.

You'd be fairly safe in the US (excepting Alaska) since our only hare is the Jackrabbit although further north you will find Snowshoe Hares. No overlap in range though.

But in Europe you have a variety of hare and rabbit types.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

A few years ago there was a an MP with an anti-hunting bill to promote.

He was being interviewed on the TV and behind him were pictures, one of a rabbit and one of a hare.

The interviewer asked him which was which and he didn't know.

"How the hell is the dog supposed to know?" said the interviewer.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net