fishing this weekend

Big Jo

Me and some mates are going for a 48hour sesion from tonight till sunday night. as i am very new to fishing i am not that confident about tacticts. At this moment i have some sweet flavourd boilies, sweetcorn and bread. and i want to use method mix with some pellets(winter soft) and sweetcorn mix.

Then i have some pineapple popups

I am not sure about my rigs and setup

Any last minute tips :unsure:

Please help me out

Thanks

Big Jo : :

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

• 3 weeks later...
Me and some mates are going for a 48hour sesion from tonight till sunday night. as i am very new to fishing i am not that confident about tacticts. At this moment i have some sweet flavourd boilies, sweetcorn and bread. and i want to use method mix with some pellets(winter soft) and sweetcorn mix.

Then i have some pineapple popups

I am not sure about my rigs and setup

Any last minute tips :unsure:

Please help me out

Thanks

Big Jo : :

I'm assuming you've already been for your 48 hour session as this post was raised nigh on a month ago, unusual for nobody to reply to a cry for help? <_<

Did you have any success?

Method feeder is probably the easiest to use, as you've already partly suggested. As for the tackle side of things, I'm sure most ppl would suggest 10lb line regardless, with 15lb for weedier conditions, a strong size 10 hook (barbless) ....and vary the length of the hair rig, if fish are feeding then I would say a short hair of around 6 inches (15cm) going up to 12 inches for shy biters. In winter months, go for the double sweetcorn with the odd piece in your method mix.

If your confident enough, try tieing your own hair rigs. A small palomar for the business end, knotless knot with 8+ winds up the shank leading to a swviel which will fit snugly into the method feeder.

Hope that helps!

Rich

Remmber it is inportant that you stay warm so layer up, i think you should use a normal bolt rig with pinapple popup on a hair rig. put the method mix in a pva bag with the rig and then cast about 60 yds out and i think you will almost denfinatly catch.

any other problems email me EdwardBarrell@aol.com

thight lines m8

><)))*>

What a completely dissapionting weekend.for some reason the 4 of us caught roaches for the whole weekend.no carp,no bream nothing else just roaches.and the interesting thing was most of them were caught all over there boddies except in there mouth.

i was very upset and frastrated because i hardly got any sleep because i tried to get something.i had about 15 different flavours and a very good ground bait mix.i just dont know what went wrong.

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

Sounds like you were using small (hook) baits if you caught lots of roach. A bit late now but if you get that then some options are; switch to bigger baits, double boilies, no groundbait, fish a few feet off the groundbait. Or you just plough through them hoping feeding roach bring on the feeding carp as that will often happen.

Rob.

Remmber it is inportant that you stay warm so layer up, i think you should use a normal bolt rig with pinapple popup on a hair rig. put the method mix in a pva bag with the rig and then cast about 60 yds out and i think you will almost denfinatly catch.

any other problems email me EdwardBarrell@aol.com

thight lines m8

why 60yards out????????? wish it was as easy as that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try finding the fish and if that fails try find some features with a maker rod and don't over complicate the bait.......