fishing rods made from the humble carrot

Ian Burrett

When I said a load of "old" tosh I was being literal. It was tried in the 1870`s -- 1900`s using all sorts of vegetable extracts to stop greenheart and the original Burma canes from drying out and taking a set. Carrot, yeast extract, crushed doken leaf and so on. Big problem was they were all bio-degradable so were virtually useless. I have little doubt a lot of thought has gone into this

and as I understand it, it is a surface type treatment, not an integral part of the matting / resin. If thats the case then how do they stop it being bio degradable now. Nature aint changed.

OK I`m being cynical and a tad tongue in cheek but bet the last thing you want at the MOG is to be hauling in that 12lb bass when the "new" rod starts to, sprout leaves then fall to bits just as those wild boars are charging at you with glazed eyes and "we want carrots" looks in their faces. Remember I`m still having suspicions about fibreglass :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I reckon the next generation of rods should revert back to tried and tested split cane :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by stan4massey

I reckon the next generation of rods should revert back to tried and tested split cane :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So rods made out of grass are OK then :unsure:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Silly boy,grass is for smoking :punk::punk: not making rods out of :punk::shutup::busted_cop::busted_cop::busted_cop:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy