century rods

dav

Has anyone used a century Kompressor match beach rod before , would this be a good choice as a lighter beach rod for general beach fishing /mixed ground for the likes of bass, flatties and codling etc ,instead of using my heavy duty rock rod all the time , or would the tip tornado sport be more of a better choice as ive been offered both quite cheap and abit unsure as to what to do ,and do they both have good bite detection . cheers anyway

Has anyone used a century Kompressor match beach rod before , would this be a good choice as a lighter beach rod for general beach fishing /mixed ground for the likes of bass, flatties and codling etc ,instead of using my heavy duty rock rod all the time , or would the tip tornado sport be more of a better choice as ive been offered both quite cheap and abit unsure as to what to do ,and do they both have good bite detection . cheers anyway

From what i can remember i had a cast with a Kompressor Grand Prix and i'm not sure if the match is as pokey/stiff.But it was like a barge pole to cast and i tried casting off the ground it just took some effort to bend this rod.It's more for the pendulum castor and more of a rough ground rod.So it would probably be better to go for the Tip Tornado which is a more softer tippy rod,with good bite detection.I think this casts 4-6 oz leads so it'll be more suited to the bass and flattie fishing aswell.I had one for about 3 months but i moved onto a Greys Shadow which is a nice all round useful tool.I hope this will help in your choice Dav Good luck

Ask this question on the myfishcasting.org forum, or century's own forum. I think the TTsport is a stiffer TT.

Yeah i think ure right toerag kompressor 4 to 6 oz and tt is 4 to 8 oz so i would of thought it would be slightly stiffer , but not 100 %, its just im using a nemesis prem for my rocking at the moment and was thinking of getting a 13 ft softer rod i can still whack out when needed but its mainly for scratching , basing etc on the beach and piers etc for summer time , cheers anyway....

:clap2: I've used the Tip Tornado Light and found it to be a lovely rod to use and it's certainly got good bite detection. I suppose in the end it depends on what you need and what you want to pay. If you're just using it for light fishing as you say then do you need a rod of this quality and price, there are several flattie and bass rods around that will do the job at less than half the money. It's your money and your decision. :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Feb 19 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: I've used the Tip Tornado Light and found it to be a lovely rod to use and it's certainly got good bite detection. I suppose in the end it depends on what you need and what you want to pay. If you're just using it for light fishing as you say then do you need a rod of this quality and price, there are several flattie and bass rods around that will do the job at less than half the money. It's your money and your decision. :clap2:

Hiya norm when i say just for light fishing i mean for light ground fishing not for "light use" ,if thats what you thought , i will be using the rod alot through summer and into winter when the seas not to big and whilst fishing light mixed ground , i own a conoflex bass bandit for when im roving but its only 11ft and rated at i think 2 to 4 oz ,and a conoflex nemesis prem for rough ground , so im looking for a rod in between this sort of scale , capable of detecting the delicest of bites whilst scratching at long or short range yet capable enough of whacking a 5 0z lead a long way with a big bait if needs be , ,hope this clarifies it ,cheers

Big snip. :clap2:

Hiya norm when i say just for light fishing i mean for light ground fishing not for "light use" ,if thats what you thought , i will be using the rod alot through summer and into winter when the seas not to big and whilst fishing light mixed ground , i own a conoflex bass bandit for when im roving but its only 11ft and rated at i think 2 to 4 oz ,and a conoflex nemesis prem for rough ground , so im looking for a rod in between this sort of scale , capable of detecting the delicest of bites whilst scratching at long or short range yet capable enough of whacking a 5 0z lead a long way with a big bait if needs be , ,hope this clarifies it ,cheers

:clap2: Understood absolutely. Just a thought, I tested a Conoflex Source a few years ago, I don't know if they still make them but that would have fitted the description you've given to the nth degree.

13ft, great bite detection and casts a lead a long way. Oh, and handles double figure smoothhounds and pout with ease. :clap2: