Alternative Windows Update site?

Steve Randles

I'll be installing XP on a new hard drive later this week after a rebuild with loads of new parts. Remembering what the microsoft site was to get the updates from last time I formatted (SP2 took for ever to download!) does anyone know where the alternative update site is? I know there is one out there because I've seen it, I just didn't save the link.

Can anyone help?

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Chers Simon, thats far better than I'd hoped for. Now I can download the whole thing, burn it and install whilst offline.

Nice one mate.!

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Is there anywhere I can download service pack two for winxp pro? Thats one of the microsoft downloads that will normally fail a couple of times for me on the wndows update site. And winxp pro service pack two is not included at autopatcher.

Focal Planet

Is there anywhere I can download service pack two for winxp pro? Thats one of the microsoft downloads that will normally fail a couple of times for me on the wndows update site. And winxp pro service pack two is not included at autopatcher.

Steve !

you have a PM

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt