How do you store your rods

Meatballs

Hi Guys

I have been looking to tidy up my gear in the loft and wondered everyone else stores their rods.e.g. upright, lying down. etc In the old days rod bags had a loop by which you hung the cane rods up, I think to stop them warping.

What do you think is the best for today's rods?

My fly rods are stored in tubes upright in my bedroom wardrobe.

All other rods ( 30'ish ) are stored horizontally across beams which allow free air movement ( to avoid damp ) as the storage room is unheated. All the rods are carbon or glass fibre and I have no problems with warpage. I make a point of wipeing down rods after use and letting them air dry before storing.

The greatest problem with modern materials is more likely from damp affecting the rings etc, than anything else.

For sea rods wipe down with mild soapy water and rinse off before drying.

Cane is best stored upright.

One guy I know has a series of open ended drain pipes bolted horizontally to his garage wall, . . does the job. Though takes care not to bonk a ring when putting a rod away.

Andrew Boyd

Much as I appreciate the convenience of leaving my 12 foot 2 piece rods set up inside a Korum double rod holdall during my odd "busy periods", you do have to be careful about water collecting iniside the plastic base. My Wychwood barbel rod has a handle that ends in bare cork, which I'm sure would suffer if left sitting for long in water. Korum ought to provide drainage holes in the base of their holdalls to prevent this problem. In fact, I think I'll suggest it to them!

im looking for a snooker cue rack or horizontal rack to be wall mounted to stop knocks and bumps but in the mean time they are upright in my bedroom wardrobe

I was thinking of a snooker rack myself but witht he attic being so low and joists in the way the only place I could set it up would be in the far side and difficult to get to. I've bought some right-angle wall brackets which think could be screwed to the beams to allow horizontal storage

Andy 1984,

Cheep Version: http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.Tex...arTarget=browse

Not So Cheep: http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.Tex...arTarget=browse

Stiff Version: http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.Tex...arTarget=browse

If this is what you would like to use!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

i preffer the first one in the horizontal position, but im prety sure i could dig out some coat pegs in the shape of a number 6 to do the same job, the only draw back of those is that you need to have the rods setup, id like it in its bag but it does make it look nice havin your gear displayed that way, bugger for getting it all packed away to take fishing though

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy - then how about storage that can double as a carrier? Leave your rods set up and then simply grab & go.

Like This One

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President