Fisheries Vision - Meeting Dates

Leon Roskilly

Dear all

You may be aware of the Fisheries Vision which is currently out to

consultation until April 26th.

(see: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...eries_2007.html )

Between now and then we have organised a series of trips around the coast to talk to the industry about the Vision and get their input.

I have had a few calls from recreational sea anglers saying that the trips have not been advertised enough.

I therefore wondered if you would be able to spread the word and publicise these forthcoming events.

If there are any websites, newsletters etc Id be most grateful if the following dates could be menitioned.

Feb 28th- Scarborough : Crown Hotel, 19.00 start

March 15th- Grimsby : National Fish Heritage Centre, 'fred smith room'.

14.00 start

March 21st- Lancaster : Holiday Inn, 18.30 start

March 22nd- North Shields, Fishermens Mission- - 14.00 start with merchants,

19.30 start with industry.

March 26th- Lowestoft- Hotel Victoria- 19.00 start

March 30th- Hastings : Horntye Park, Bohemia Road- 14.00 start

April 3rd- Plymouth : - The China Pub, 14.00 start.

Many thanks. Please get in touch if you want to discuss.

Best wishes

Beth

Strategic Policy Team

Defra

3-8 Whitehall Place

London SW1A 2HH

0207 270 8156

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Dear all

You may be aware of the Fisheries Vision which is currently out to

consultation until April 26th.

(see: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...eries_2007.html )

Between now and then we have organised a series of trips around the coast to talk to the industry about the Vision and get their input.

I have had a few calls from recreational sea anglers saying that the trips have not been advertised enough.

I therefore wondered if you would be able to spread the word and publicise these forthcoming events.

If there are any websites, newsletters etc Id be most grateful if the following dates could be menitioned.

Feb 28th- Scarborough : Crown Hotel, 19.00 start

March 15th- Grimsby : National Fish Heritage Centre, 'fred smith room'.

14.00 start

March 21st- Lancaster : Holiday Inn, 18.30 start

March 22nd- North Shields, Fishermens Mission- - 14.00 start with merchants,

19.30 start with industry.

March 26th- Lowestoft- Hotel Victoria- 19.00 start

March 30th- Hastings : Horntye Park, Bohemia Road- 14.00 start

April 3rd- Plymouth : - The China Pub, 14.00 start.

Many thanks. Please get in touch if you want to discuss.

Best wishes

Beth

Strategic Policy Team

Defra

3-8 Whitehall Place

London SW1A 2HH

0207 270 8156

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

Thanks for the information and the link back to SACN. Before SACN responds to 'fisheries 2027 proposels of how the fishery is to be managed'. Will the membership see a draft of the responce? Thanks again.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yes i have read that but i would like an answer to my question though. Thanks

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry, please read the post properly.

Leon posted the information given above at the request of Beth from DEFRA, specifically because she has had :

So as a favour to all Leon kindly took the time and trouble to post the information.

If rather than sniping at Leon about the link:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...eries_2007.html

to SACN you had bothered to read it you would have seen the following:

Parties now have 12 weeks to submit their views to DEFRA.

Details of the consultation and how to become involved are given at:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/...-2027/index.htm

SACN will be responding to the consultation to ensure that the needs of the Recreational Sea Angling Sector are fully taken into account opening up the possibility that the UK can develop world class Recreational Sea Fisheries around the UK, and we urge other organisations and individuals to make the most of this opportunity to guide DEFRA in managing the UK fisheries for the next 20 years.

So if you have concerns about the future of fisheries management in the UK to 2027 you can get VERY involved. Read around the issues, and put pen to paper to tell DEFRA what you would like to see. If lots of anglers do the same the will make a difference.

Continued sniping at people prepared to put LOTS of time and effort into furthering the cause of Recreational Sea Anglers will not help at all.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

In addition for all that have complaints about the consultation process why not do what it suggests in the Consultation Document:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/...onsultation.pdf

Comments or complaints about the consultation

process (as opposed to comments about the issue

which is the subject of the consultation) should be

addressed to:

And as I am sure you have all read the consultation document I won't bore you by repeating the address...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Fair question though Nick.

Barry can respond as an individual, but as you have pointed out on other threads the people at DEFRA take more notice of national organisations. So SACN's response will carry more weight than Barry's response should he choose to make one.

Will SACN members be asked or will Leon respond on their behalf whilst most sit in the back ground not understanding whats happening so just choosing to agree.

If SACN respond to these things claiming they represent X amount of anglers then X amount of anglers should at least be consulted even if it is just to check they are aware of what is happening in their name.

Sort of raises the question of does SACN need to become a constituted organisation with a lot more consultation with the actual members they represent or are the members happy to float along knowing little of the issues and leaving the decisions up to Leon.

I don't think that's sniping, its a fair point - IMO that is.

also worth reading is the published consultees list:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/...consultlist.pdf

it is long, but amongst other consultees are:

Whitby Charter Skippers

Whitby Coblemens Society

Whitby Keel Boat Society

Whitby Sea Anglers Association

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

Bridlington & Flamborough Fishermen's Society

Bridlington Shore Angling Club

Bass Anglers' Sportfishing Society

Filey Brigg Angling Society

YALASA

Now folks how about quitting the whining and getting on with writing your responses...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Barry, please read the post properly.

Leon posted the information given above at the request of Beth from DEFRA, specifically because she has had :

So as a favour to all Leon kindly took the time and trouble to post the information.

If rather than sniping at Leon about the link:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...eries_2007.html

to SACN you had bothered to read it you would have seen the following:

So if you have concerns about the future of fisheries management in the UK to 2027 you can get VERY involved. Read around the issues, and put pen to paper to tell DEFRA what you would like to see. If lots of anglers do the same the will make a difference.

Continued sniping at people prepared to put LOTS of time and effort into furthering the cause of Recreational Sea Anglers will not help at all.

I do beg your pardon! I asked a simple question, for which an answer was required. It was regarding the mechanics of sacn. How dare you class that as a personal SNIPE My question was NOT as a concern of the fisheries management as to date i have not read it all before i wish to comment on it. As and when i have read the document in detail, i assure you i will be commenting and also i will make up my mind as to what action i wish to take. Thank you. Sacn member.

Edited by barry luxton