Fishing tackle survival kit?

Mike the Hiker

Guest Ferret1959
Don't forget your rod lisense or you'll have the mighty EA to fear !!!

He won't need that..............no rod,fish by hand line or fixed line.

Better still a long line over night or after a daily adventure.

Loadsa fish. :)

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a read through this old thread. Quite an interesting read and reminds me of the times I've been caught short on holiday and fished in similar ways :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just had a read through this old thread. Quite an interesting read and reminds me of the times I've been caught short on holiday and fished in similar ways :D

It looks like the fines are going to go up though for fish theft!

I'd go along with the basics, especially the braid idea of Vagabond's. I'd strongly advise learning a knot or two though for whichever line you were using. I suppose in reality the only places in the UK that you would be in a starving situation would be near trout waters or possibly the coast, so larger hooks would be better than small.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 2 weeks later...
i can see it now.

Mike: But your honor if i did not eat the fish i would have sureley died.

your honor: its still illegal, you should have not taken the fish and eaten it, you will now have to pay the court £1,000 and be banned from fishing for the next 2 years.

seems like a good idea to have a little emergency pack at the ready, even having it in the glove compartment of the car would be handy :D

hi i do a survival week once or twice a year the fishing tackle i use is 5lb line about 15 to 25 meters tied and wrapped around drinking bottle easy to cast siz3 14 hooks normaly with whieghts somtetimes if running water a float bait worms or grubs/dragon flies simples