Tackle Tart

peter-robbo

I am the sort of person who heads for the cheapy section at tescos elbowing little ole ladies out the way in my pursuit of a bargin and I'm also a shadowy figure at the local recycle dump seeking more bargins. So why oh why do I have 14 reels and as many rods plus tackle for every event with backups. <_<

Now I am the proud owner of a Prowler 13 :clap2: I realise that I have to cherry pick what I need to take, and being a sad git I like to make a lists so I don't forget anything. So my question is apart from the obvious (PFD, paddle, kayak) could you more experianced guys let me know what you take.

Would appreciate any advice

Peter

Hard drugs, soft drugs, one to go up, one to go down, some for sideways and something to make the coffee give me a kick. And a hat.

When it's cold, a ushanka for my head and chota mukluks for my feet. I troll pike, that's my main task so far:

Fladen.jpg

lures.jpg

importance.jpg

rodsreelsnetmat.jpg

stowage.jpg

Tackle.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

Summertime i'm a shorts and tshirt (or not) paddler - but this is not what I'd chose if I went out to sea. I take a gaff if I want to upset the locals, dynamite if the goings hard, and coffee if I want to get info. I take champagne and flutes to impress and pose and a shotgun if I want to have a duck for dinner. An anchor if I plan to stay still, some baits if I want to stay still. Traps for crustaceans if I have the time/inclination. Mobile, cigarettes, some money if I think of it, rarely food (hey, i can keep fit on the yak) unless on a picnic. Fishing licence. Should take some toilet paper really I guess. Head torch in winter can be handy. whistle of course. scupper bungs, must have them. My children.

nb - not all of the mentioned items are taken, I'll let you decide which. In myd efence I've been on the San Miguel for the first time in years. Should maybe ake some on the yak.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

enough forceps? can use them as weights too :thumbs:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

enough forceps? can use them as weights too :thumbs:

I have three different pairs of forceps. The pliers went overboard in the comp - hence the need for spares. Wire cutters are to snip hooks if they snag in the fish or net/clothing - better to lose a hook than a fish.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Very true mate.

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Hi Peter,

Well after my first years fishing and working out what works for me, this year I will be going out light tacklewise. So just two rods, a couple of spare sets of tackle, the usual paddle, PFD ect ect. Filleting knife, long nose pliers cutters, pocket whistle/compass, fishfinder, VHF, mobile phone, drybag with towel and warm clothes, some money for the cafe stop, a little food and drink depending on how long the session and of course the most important my fishing buddies.

Tight lines have fun and be safe

Chris

Everything but the kitchen sink, well almost.

Safety kit; para flare, hand smoke, hand red, mini rocket, vhf, torch, small headlamp, signal mirror, 24hr ration pack, 5 ltr water, pfd, whistle, fog horn, first aid, knife x 2, spare paddle, paddle leash x 2, gloves, hat, towel, spare clothes, compass, chart, gps, anchor light, anchor, drouge, paddle float, loadsa food and coffee

Tackle;most of the time 3 rods(1 travel), 3 reels, lures plenty of, trace wallet, leads, long nose pliers, leaders, spare line, hooks assorted, floats, bait.

And a partritch in a pear tree.

Obviously I dont carry everything all the time but tailor it to suit conditions and location.

And thats why I needed a bigger ride :D :D

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Everything but the kitchen sink, well almost.

Safety kit; para flare, hand smoke, hand red, mini rocket, vhf, torch, small headlamp, signal mirror, 24hr ration pack, 5 ltr water, pfd, whistle, fog horn, first aid, knife x 2, spare paddle, paddle leash x 2, gloves, hat, towel, spare clothes, compass, chart, gps, anchor light, anchor, drouge, paddle float, loadsa food and coffee

Tackle;most of the time 3 rods(1 travel), 3 reels, lures plenty of, trace wallet, leads, long nose pliers, leaders, spare line, hooks assorted, floats, bait.

And a partritch in a pear tree.

Obviously I dont carry everything all the time but tailor it to suit conditions and location.

And thats why I needed a bigger ride :D :D

YOU FORGOT THE CUDDLE TOY