tackle auction

bluerinse

http://www.bigwood.uk.com/fineart.asp

I was surfing around and found this auction.

Is it me or do the estimates for the vintage tackle seem low?

I might leave a few bids and hope i get lucky.

Ivebeen buying a few bitrs on ebay and have paid higer prices than shown in the estimates.

I ebay getting expensive as there more compertition?

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

A lot of fishing tackle on Ebay is over priced in my opinion. A lot of stuff once youve paid the outrageous postage some charge is actually more expensive than your local tackle shop! well unless you live in Tunbridge Wells that is!!

I recently won three individual lure auctions from the same seller and ended up paying £9 P&P for a jiffy bag and £1 postage!! More the mug me!

Also on Ebay you see a lot of collectable stuff going for silly prices (normally very poor condition examples going for good condition prices) The most amazing thing though is the price some of the modern (still avaiable) carp tackle goes for! nearly if not often as much as brand new!

but if you look carefully...

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Fully agree Budgie.As a seller and buyer on e-bay I can say that it1s a bit like boot fairs: In the early days you could find some amazing bargains where people were having a genuine clearout then after a while people purchased from one fair to re-sell at another. With e-bay unless you are searching for a specific item and only browse for the bargains there are so many selling the same stuff from various internet firms ( Askari etc ) that it can take ages to surf just tackle ending that day. That said the bargains are there, Just about to have an early browse before heading off to Norfolk.( Salt tides killing fish and weather warnings!! ) :rolleyes:

Edited by KAYC

WOOPS!!!

I have just seen my post from last night, I had just got in from the pub, my spelling and grammar was all over the place!!

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

WOOPS!!!

I have just seen my post from last night, I had just got in from the pub, my spelling and grammar was all over the place!!

LOL Glad I wasn't the only one three sheets to the wind by 9pm last night :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

there are so many selling the same stuff from various internet firms ( Askari etc ) that it can take ages to surf just tackle ending that day.

Yes,It toatally spoils the "fun" side of Ebay for me having to wade through all the multiple listings of crap. Your "boot fair" analagy is spot on!

If Ebay really cared about the "comunity" aspect they would sort this and problems such as excessive postage and my pet hate sellers still allowed to trade despite multiple negative feedback whilst "banning" buyers after three! no all they care about is the money they make from sellers listings.So the more the better (for them anyway!)

Another sad image Ebay gives me of todays world is that Ive NEVER had a problem with a US buyer or seller where UK ones are common! At the moment Ive a seller who opened a "non payment dispute" after 3 days (was away fishing) without contacting me first.......I paid imediately on my return by Paypal (same day the dispute was raised) and a week later Im still waiting for my item!!! Goose,Gander and whats good for springs to mind! Incidently I buy considerably more from the US than from the UK.

Anyway rant over!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!