Hook sizes.

Sythor

Bring a selection of hooks with you. If you are fishing flapper rigs, best to tie the hooks onto long snoods (12 inch min) before you head out, that way all you have to do is snip off the hook snood at the swivel and tie the new snood on there. It beats tying on hooks with small eyes and cold hands and you can adjust the length of the snood to suit the conditions...

Kieran Hanrahan

Catch this release... www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Sythor.

There is no correct sized hook. It just has to have the barb protruding from the bait?

Just make sure to have a selection between size 1 and 4/0.

If you find the bait being stripped off the small hooks? Trade up!

If you find the bait on big hooks being stripped? Trade down.

No one or two hook sizes with fit! You just have to learn what is going on down below!!

Believe me. When you start changing hook sizes and rigs, out of pure frustration. Then land a half decent fish. You`ll have to widen the doors at home to get through. Because catching fish by numbers means sod all!! When you try something different. And it works? That`s when you`re on the right track. `Cos you`ve done it yourself.

I`m not having a go at you Syphor. Believe me.

But too many people follow the same- rig-hook size-bait? If they all catch, it`s called a good days fishing. If they all blank? Then they all blame the tides, weather, netters or whatever. But if you just experiment a tad, then catch whilst all the others are bitching at each other.

You`ll not only feel like a king. You`ll `Be` the king.

Paul.

Whoops! There`s my speach gone out for free.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!