EOS 300D question

RobStubbs

I've just got my new toy - an EOS 300D. Unfortunately it didn't come with a CF card but I've got one on order. Does anyone know if it's limited to 1GB or if the 2GB cards will work as well ? It says it works with type I and II cards - but I vaguelly recall something about the slightly older cameras not working with the bigger cards.

Cheers,

Rob.

I have the 300D (digital rebel = US version) and I've not heard of the problem you mention of bigger cards not working, if you hear of anything let me know. I use 1gb cards in mine and they are Sandisk extreme III's, fast read and write and work well in all conditions (temperatures) I use them in.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

havent got anything bigger than 512 for mine as find easier to go through 55 raw images than 100

have 2 512 and a 256 but my eventually go bigger

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Thanks guys - I've got a 2GB on order as well, so I'll let you know if it worksOK. Can't remember where I saw about the card size but I thought it was for the EOS's as I wouldn't have taken any notice if it was for other cameras.

Anyway, I should find out soon - I can't even check that the camera works yet either :(

Rob.

Anyway, I should find out soon - I can't even check that the camera works yet either :(

Rob.

Well actually you can, providing you got the software disc with the camera and installed everything, connect your camera to the pc then go to start/all programs/canon utilities/remote capture..

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I've got a 2 gig card in a 300D. No worries :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Yep as Elton states, the 2GB card works fine in the camera - put it all together yesterday when the card arrived. I thought the camera felt quite heavy - more so than my film EOS - I will try and check that out. Now all I need to do is take it out and have a play with it.

Rob.

Now all I need to do is take it out and have a play with it.

Rob.

Blimey, Rob. I've never known anyone get that excited over a camera :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Yep as Elton states, the 2GB card works fine in the camera - put it all together yesterday when the card arrived. I thought the camera felt quite heavy - more so than my film EOS - I will try and check that out. Now all I need to do is take it out and have a play with it.

Rob.

Rob

Yes It's certainly heavier than say an EOS 300 or 500 but its similar in weight to my old EOS650; I beleive the 350D and the new 400D are much lighter but they are smaller and in my opinion much mure fiddly to use, I wish Cannon had continued to use the 300D body and just upgraded the electronics.

Just to throw my penny's worth in about the CF cards I use 256MB cards as I have had a card fail on me and I would not want to loose 2GB's worth of pictures in one hit. I got a load of these cards cheap from 7dayshop.com.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.