New Bait Bomb

rooney888

Designed in Coventry at the university, has the advantage of creating a cloud of bait near the bottom as opposed to a pva Bag which will just sit on the bottom, the bomb throws the bait out. The bands take 45 seconds to melt, for the carp guys I reckon the cloud burst will also attract fish.

I have seen this used and was quite impressed, it comes to the surface very quickly on the retrieve and when playing a fish it seems not to hinder the fight, I would not us it in very weedy conditions but I can see it having some great advantages in certain situations.

It’s not a big as it looks on the promotion leaflets.

I like the idea that it is designed in the UK and is manufactured in Coventry as opposed to being made in china.

It is available from the Polaris Guys (Ultra Floats) but is not made by them,

It will sell and it has its applications.

I will get one or two for the river season, I quite like the Idea of fishing deep runs with it as it will send the free offerings up in the water to leave a nice bait trail up to my hook bait.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

I'd say you can get the same results using PVA just make a mix up with some dry groundbait and small particles etc and this will also "explode" in the water!

Just a thought,

Rich

Why not use a feeder Sipadan? a lot cheaper than either.As Rich said you can get the same effect by using an active groundbait mix.

Carp anglers seem to frown on open end feeders but Ive used them a lot especially for river work.

PVA bags seem a lot of extra work and expense for a lot of the situations they are used in to me.Dont need to dry a feeder or your hands beforte using one!

I presume the price in relation to bags was your point?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

planning on using it with pellets

yep

Ah! might be worth experimenting with pellets in an open end feeder plugged with grounndbait though? not done it myself but just a sugestion. Dont know how you would get on with getting it to throw the pellets out "dry mix" style but surely you could just wait a few mins for the plugs to dissolve then sharply draw thge hook bait back among the now "jerked out" pellets?

Must admit though with pellets I normally stick to PVA if its at any range.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It's just another needless gadget :rolleyes: I can't think of a situation where this would be better than a feeder or a spod. It's clearly been designed to create a way of selling the pva bands - surely a 'wind-up' version have been made which pings the door open after 5 minutes.

I'd also question how it can be guarenteed to always land top-side up. I bet it wasn't tested on slopes (like gravel bars) or weed.

I find it funny how carpers are constantly trying to get that 'edge' by using every trick in the book to hide their line and camo everything up - and then launch a fisher-price polaris missile into the lake :lol:

lol @ fisher price polaris missile.

As some people have said above.....looks over complicated