fishing around frome / warminster

jeepster

someone else has already recommended the 6X, shame i was driving today, otherwise i would have sampled it.

i was in lacock today, and the avon looked wonderful, being used to fishing the trent and similar rivers, i'm really looking forward to getting out there with my avon rod, might have to invest in a centrepin at last.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a 6X maniac

what flavour fishing do you fancy Jeeps?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• 3 weeks later...

well, it's all gone through, so we'll be in chapmanslade on the 25th september, who's going to be A) first to take me out fishing, and B) first to buy me a pint of 6X?

Whoa Jeep !!

I get my timetable any day soon for the new term's work, then start a new job on Oct 2nd with Friday afternoons off!! Would love to go barbelling etc on the Avon. Fri Oct 7th perfect for me, and gives you time to unpack :) Sun Oct 2nd might be good, tho it's the day before new job starts (so what??? i hear u say) If you also like chunky river perch or little lake pike, I can lead the way.

6X is good for me

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Excellent! For Bristol,Bath+Wilts Amalgamated AA send a cheque for 30 squid and a SAE to J Parker, 16 Lansdowne View, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 4AW. Many stretches of the Brizzle Avon (etc), as listed up above.

pm with my phone nos. on the way ...

cheers!

Howard 13:

Have they got a decent map of their waters Glenn?

I wouldn't mind fishing a few different rivers, getting a bit bored this season.

Howard.

Yep - the maps + directions are excellent. As I recall the book of maps costs a little in addition to the subs - best phone J Parker on the number somewhere up above before sending in your cheque.

Where in Somerset are u Howard? Where do you usually fish?

cheers