Next season

Anderoo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether your new season starts on 1 April or 16 June, what are you hoping for next season? Any unfinished business from the last one? New challenges or waters? Or are you just hoping for a bit of peace and quiet and some nice lazy days by the waterside?

I got VERY distracted last season and failed to even really try to catch a carp from the Thames or a barbel from any of my local rivers, so I'll be returning to these with new vigour. I'm hoping for some good early season tench fishing and a whopper or two. I'm going to try fly fishing for pike in the summer months, which should be exciting! There are a few undisturbed common carp in a lovely old gravel pit I've got my eye on, so I'm hoping to see one of those on the bank. For sheer pleasure and relaxation I'll be spending the warmer months stalking chub in the beautiful streams around here. And I have one or two exciting new waters to try to get to grips with, time permitting! Hopefully next winter will be a lot more settled than this one and I can try again for that record chub :rolleyes:

How about you?

I reckon I might be joining you or be fishing on one the waters close by for tench too! I really want to break the magical 9lb barrier (tench of course) that’s if I can get through any nuisance carp.

Rich

I'd like to get myself my first catfish this year, well maybe a kitten rather than a big moggy.

If anyone has any ideas of where to get one Im open to ideas of places to go

Forgive me Darren but Ive forgotton where your based?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Glad you raised this topic Anderoo as up to now Ive really not given it any thought at all! Im still in limbo really just waiting for a vaccancy to become available on a water I wish to fish.

Its not going to happen this year so I suppose I best start making some plans....or do I really need to? Not sure! maybe just play it by ear this year.Trouble is I very much did that last year and got out on the bank far less than I have ever done before!!

Initially I suppose I shoud really take up the offers Ive had from Seph and Ratty to increase my pathetic Chub PB! they keep offering and I just dont get round to it! best sort it else they will stop asking!

Same as trying for that elusive 2lb roach from my local small atream.Got all the info just got to get my arse down there!

Got my new girlfiends boys asking to go fishing as well so hopefully that will provide the incentive for a few more pleasure/general sessions this year.

No foreign stuff booked/organised at all so far. Oh other than mine and Andrews visit to Newt and Jan in the Autumn! how can I forget that!

I just want to enjoy every moment on the bank (or boat). I have two sea fishing trips booked for later in the year and would love to catch a smooth hound, i witnessed a good double starry on a trip last year and would love to have one. Also to increase my PB carp although that is a bit of a half haearted attempt. I would like to fish a new streach of river. my youngest has become a jounior member of my club so we will be getting out together.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Forgive me Darren but Ive forgotton where your based?

Im in hertfordshire

Another thing I want to do this year is get a carp on the flyrod

edit: updated my profile now

Edited by badexcuseforanangler

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Darren a Leighton Buzzard ticket would be a reasonable investment for you.With their Claydon venue not only have you the Catfish there but there is also a high head of carp that you could try for on the fly rod.Best if you can fish during the week mind as it gets busy.On the same ticket you also get Tiddenfoot and Rackly Hills both good cat waters.Ive not had a ticket for some years but it never used to be expensive.Will see if I can put up some other details or other venues.Heres their site-

http://www.lbac.co.uk/

Edited by BUDGIE

Well I will be spending a bit a of long weekend sessions for carping on a new carp water near me, so it could be in a chance of breaking a new pbs :thumbs:

Also spending a bit of time on trying different venues in various parts of the country in the later part of the year.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Guest Brumagem Phil

Anyone who recalls my 'the one that got away' thread from last year will know I have some unfinished business with some VERY elusive carp!!

They are in trouble this year 'cos I started pre baiting on 16 march so not messing around this time. :thumbs:

Like to either beat my carp PB this year (26lb 8oz) or my PB barbel (12lb 4oz).

Oh yeah, I aint never caught a tench so deffo wanna put that right!