What fishing should be like.

glennk

Many thanks for that link Leon, there is still many bass off the bill from my point of view in the race, but i would definatly like to see them of a larger average size, so i still think the mls needs to increase substantially.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bass again Leon. If you want some Pictures of bigger cod to finish of the More and bigger "fish" article just get yourself into the Whitby forum One of our members had a 19 pounder off the rocks last year.

Hi Glenn,

Not my article.

But if you want cod, I was sent this picture of one angler's catch from the same era, all taken in less than 20foot of water I'm told.

449642185_b7ed427e67.jpg

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Bass again Leon. If you want some Pictures of bigger cod to finish of the More and bigger "fish" article just get yourself into the Whitby forum One of our members had a 19 pounder off the rocks last year.

Hi glen

not having a go but one fish of 19lb in a place regarded as one of the the best places for cod fishing in this country is not that much to go on realy imo, but i suppose rsa's in the north east have got to be thanful that they still have any, unlike us southerners cheers.........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge

Leon.

That is a fantastic catch of cod, with a photo that does it credit. Fish taken in less than 20 foot of water must have been sport to saver.

I take it that the photo and the catch where taken a few years ago? Regardless of when they where taken it matches anything that I have seen from this part of the world by a single angler. we had some great sport last year on wrecks in not much more than 40 ft of water and considering that they where had in a 80ft boat with a thumping engine pounding away I believe that we would of spooked as many as we caught. Of course we where 140 plus miles away from the supposedly cod Mecca of the North Sea at the time.

Regards.

Stavey.

I believe that a forum member on here (darlick) had a few fish on the 20lb (cod) side from very close in last year, but clear of him I can only recollect one cod of 20+ being caught of Whitby. We caught plenty of cod over 20lb but most of them where caught in the Danish sectors.

Happy Easter to you all.

Regards.

Those with memories of the kind of fishing available in the 50s, 60s and 70s are becoming fewer in number as each year passes.

(And who wants to hear when an old duffer starts on 'When I were a lad........')

Transport was a problem in those days, so people didn't travel much, fishing locally mainly.

And the gear and techniques and knowldedge of baits etc we have available today simply didn't exist.

Even so, I remember the big problem being how to get hold of those strong plastic heavy-duty builders bags to carry the catch with (nowdays a Tesco bag will do).

I wish that I had some photos from the days I started sea-fshing in the UK in the very late '60s/early '70s but I guess that saltwater and sand and a box brownie didn't mix.

Or more to the point, the catches we were getting weren't that special at the time, so you really didn't bother phtographing them usually, thus denying future generations the photographic archive that could now be important to show what sea fishing had once been like, (and perhaps could be again).

I wish that I had access to some cheap time travel.

Imagine what I could do with modern gear, rigs and bait presentation.

I just hope that a journey into the not-so-distant future would be as good (or even better) than one back to those days of fading memory.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Those with memories of the kind of fishing available in the 50s, 60s and 70s are becoming fewer in number as each year passes.

(And who wants to hear when an old duffer starts on 'When I were a lad........')

Transport was a problem in those days, so people didn't travel much, fishing locally mainly.

And the gear and techniques and knowldedge of baits etc we have available today simply didn't exist.

Even so, I remember the big problem being how to get hold of those strong plastic heavy-duty builders bags to carry the catch with (nowdays a Tesco bag will do).

I wish that I had some photos from the days I started sea-fshing in the UK in the very late '60s/early '70s but I guess that saltwater and sand and a box brownie didn't mix.

Or more to the point, the catches we were getting weren't that special at the time, so you really didn't bother phtographing them usually, thus denying future generations the photographic archive that could now be important to show what sea fishing had once been like, (and perhaps could be again).

I wish that I had access to some cheap time travel.

Imagine what I could do with modern gear, rigs and bait presentation.

I just hope that a journey into the not-so-distant future would be as good (or even better) than one back to those days of fading memory.

Hi Leon,

Heres some old duffer stuff for you ;):)

I started fishing 30 years ago now; mainly chasing trout in my local stream which now is little more than a featureless drainage ditch thanks to the flooding of a new estate built on a patch long named as "warterybutts".....

On the sea fishing front, i cut my teeth in lunatic teenage ADVENTURES on dark cliffs and cod. 30 years on and their are still plenty of cod to be caught but IMHO the teenagers aint allowed to take those kind of risks anymore,,and we are told by the same peeps that are so concerned for our safety, that there are no cod.

My local cliff marks are now packed out with guys that have all the gear; think i preffered it the way it was before the magazines started targeting this area ;)

Not sure you need time travel Leon, just move north a bit. The fishing in Shetland is awesome (kinda weird when its a a commercially dominated area ?) its not bad around here in the Ne of Scotland. Best bit is that you can catch fish without knowing anything about modern bait techniques. Drift and feathers will fill a binliner ;)

The trouble with cameras surely is they capture a moment and the world just keeps shifting? Which moment is the one to legislate for?

Forget mullet, grab your rods and head to Shetland at folkfestival time ;) Uncharted shorefishing and a bit of a good human time at nights too ;):D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

I remember walking onto Whitby west pier one night and seeing a catch very similer to that Leon by Big cod. If I recall properly he had almost 50. Sadly those days have passed and we may never see the likes again - I fear the damage has been done and any amount of golden miles and bag limits and licences on anglers wont correct it.

We don't do so Bad up here though you know Leon. Having had yet another double figure cod this year the fishing we have is by no means finished but also its not perfect. I had a session back in the autumn from one of my favourite rock marks where (except for the first 3 casts where I got the bait combination) I had a fish every cast for around 5 hours - so many fish I lost count and all returned before anyone starts harping on, biggest around 6 pounds. Nothing huge I know.

Stavey there is still plenty of cod around here well into double figures. I can think of a hell of a lot over the past 2 years.

Some recent catches in here:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/members-pictures/0/

But I guess your right when you look back in time and see how things were its not as good as it once was, but we haven't written it off just yet.

Would be nice to get these sort of days again though.

http://www.wcsa.co.uk/uk-cod-record.php

whitby-record-cod.jpg

or this one from a friend of mine caught just down the road - A shore record that still stands. Different species I know.

scan001001.jpg

Or Our club record at 30 pounds

homepage2.jpg

Edited by glennk

Hi Leon,

Heres some old duffer stuff for you ;):)

I started fishing 30 years ago now; mainly chasing trout in my local stream which now is little more than a featureless drainage ditch thanks to the flooding of a new estate built on a patch long named as "warterybutts".....

On the sea fishing front, i cut my teeth in lunatic teenage ADVENTURES on dark cliffs and cod. 30 years on and their are still plenty of cod to be caught but IMHO the teenagers aint allowed to take those kind of risks anymore,,and we are told by the same peeps that are so concerned for our safety, that there are no cod.

My local cliff marks are now packed out with guys that have all the gear; think i preffered it the way it was before the magazines started targeting this area ;)

Not sure you need time travel Leon, just move north a bit. The fishing in Shetland is awesome (kinda weird when its a a commercially dominated area ?) its not bad around here in the Ne of Scotland. Best bit is that you can catch fish without knowing anything about modern bait techniques. Drift and feathers will fill a binliner ;)

The trouble with cameras surely is they capture a moment and the world just keeps shifting? Which moment is the one to legislate for?

Forget mullet, grab your rods and head to Shetland at folkfestival time ;) Uncharted shorefishing and a bit of a good human time at nights too ;):D

Hi jaffa

I am genuinly pleased to hear you guys up there still have some good quality fishing, and if you did not already know my main passion in life is music (Oooops apart from the missus) to combine some qaulity shore fishing and a music fest would make a great holiday break and i shal have a butchers around the net to look for up coming events around that area, cheers.......

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly