winter clothing

macky

Guest jay_con

lol. more than likely. but why should i pay the postage when i knew it was not my responsibility?

Just have a think about a minute. heres a large company making ? 1000's? millions of pounds from us? and they try to diddle us (some on low incomes) of a couple of quid for something that is not our responsibility. im sorry but i aint the type of person to be walked over.

Hand on heart, I did present myself honestly and assertively to the guy, plus the end result actually shows who was in the righ.

and after all that the jacket leaks and the zip goes a second in a year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

macky. I was talking to a chap i know yesterday, he said hed got a gautex jacket from ebay last autumn. said it was cheap and he got it from some x army supply store on ebay (Im looking for it myself). He says it beats any of the jackets specifically for angling.

not sur if its gautex or gateaux ?

winter:

macky. I was talking to a chap i know yesterday, he said hed got a gautex jacket from ebay last autumn. said it was cheap and he got it from some x army supply store on ebay (Im looking for it myself). He says it beats any of the jackets specifically for angling.

not sur if its gautex or gateaux ?

:cool: I think you'll find it's Gortex.

Unfortunately some shops use the manufacturers returns policy to get out of their legal responsibilities, I've had it in the past and I still get it now, it's illegal and it's annoying but even the big shops like Dixons, PC World and Clarks Shoes try it on if they think they can get away with it. Until the courts fine them a signifigant amount, if it goes to court, it will still be cheaper to pay the fines than obey the law. By the way, the 1 year warranty is no longer applicable, goods must be suitable for the purpose they were bought and last a reasonable time, so if the problem arose early, even after a year, go back to trading standards. The 1 year warranty is extra to your rights as a consumer. If a shop treats you badly, vote with your feet and tell all your mates too. :D

Guest jay_con

gortex lol trust me to be french in my spelling. no wonder i couldnt find it.

your right about the gauruntee thing norm. if i hadnt of fought my corner titan would have been another five pound richer at my expense. i wonder if they would have charged me to get the jacket back in the post?

I wonder how much Titan have saved on gauruntees and postage expenses by operating this policy?

All that for a crap jacket and a load of slaver from some uptight geordie.

Guest jay_con

right im of to find a gortex jacket.

then ill have me dinner. a nice steak. follwed by a piece of gateux (not gortex flavoured)

I think you'll find Goretex is a trade name for a breathable waterproof rip-stop and generally great fabric, lots of main name manufacturers like Musto use it. I'm just saying that in case you go looking for a manufacturer of jackets called Goretex and don't find many.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Guest jay_con

not sure about that, wonder if anyone here has ever worn gortex for sea fishing?. guy who told me is a shore angler and says its great. ive looked on ebay and u can get x army issue clothing for as little as 20 pound per coat. sure would beat paying 80 pound for a leaking jacket with a faulty zip

Spur-Hound:

Yes Gortex is fine, Fo`r rain, BUT I dont think it reacts well with salt water, Donno about you guys but most of what sokes me comes from spray and not rain, I think salt can damage the gortex????

:cool: Well the navy use it so I suppose it's OK with salt water but I don't really know. :D

GoreTex is fine with sea water, no problem. The most expensive yottie gear is all GoreTex and they get wet enough!

The only problem is getting it in a suitable garment, but that depends on what you are going to use it for. If its clean beach or pier work then most hill walking gear will work no problem, and there are plenty of options for winter use with zip-in fleeces etc. However, I fish mostly rock marks and unless you pay a lot of money it won't be strong enough, i.e. low tear strength, no double seat/knees etc. Basically the cheaper stuff is light-weight thinner fabric. Compare hill-walking gear to moutaineering gear, where the user is expected to be clambering around on rocks, and then compare the price. You get what you pay for!