Polaris float

geddon

Hello

I am going to buy an polaris float.Can someone who is in the know please advice me what size weight and and float i should buy to suit where i'm fishing.

I'm fishing in stillwater thats between 5ft and 10ft deep.The carp are anywhere between 10 IB and 20 IB.

I have never fished this way before and I am wondering if i should be using the lightest weight i can get away with or will more weight help the hook set.

Thnx in advance

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
btw I'm using a carp rod with 2.5 IB test curve and a 12 IB mainline

Just put Poaris in Google and find the polaris web page.

You'll find they have a good selection of floats for different depths, weights etc.

Absolutly superb bit of kit. There best when there's not too much wind or choppy water.

Just put Poaris in Google and find the polaris web page.

You'll find they have a good selection of floats for different depths, weights etc.

Absolutly superb bit of kit. There best when there's not too much wind or choppy water.

2nd that!

Try this link www.ultrafloats.co.uk

I use the polaris with confidence now, i think it is a great way to fish.

Best bit of kit I have brough in the last 5 years, I even have worked out how to use it on the river (Avon)

I have had some great fishing with them, I have used really big floats at range, great fun when carp fishing at distence, you can set the float as high out the water as you need.

Top bit of Kit

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Best bit of kit I have brough in the last 5 years, I even have worked out how to use it on the river (Avon)

I have had some great fishing with them, I have used really big floats at range, great fun when carp fishing at distence, you can set the float as high out the water as you need.

Top bit of Kit

How do you fish these floats on River? Got to be impossible?

Friend of mine always uses a Polaris on the River Avon when the the flow isn't too strong...seems to work pretty well.

I've just started using a Polaris for deadbaiting and it's a really neat piece of kit...no more fiddling around with stop knots!

What rig do you guys think is best with this float.Fixed or sliding weight.Or feeder.

I'm fishing in water 6 ft deep with carp around 12 IB in weight.I'm very new to this so if someone could actually recommend the best rig for me to use please and what kind of hook lengths an feeder lengths I should be using.

Much appreciated thnx.

Guest tigger
What rig do you guys think is best with this float.Fixed or sliding weight.Or feeder.

I'm fishing in water 6 ft deep with carp around 12 IB in weight.I'm very new to this so if someone could actually recommend the best rig for me to use please and what kind of hook lengths an feeder lengths I should be using.

Much appreciated thnx.

You have to use a sliding weigth/ feeder. You can use a ledger stop or swivel and leave your required length of line to your hook. You can use any kind of lead as long as your line slides through it.

I nearly always fish my main line straight through but you can put on a gut bottom if you like, as many people do.