Gentle Yakking St. Ives area in May.

izzetafox

Thanks Guys...re Pistyll...Yeah know it well...especially the 'wrong way' to get to it. Had a nightmare climbing up the hillside at 2am in the rain and the mantle had just blown on my Coleman lamp...Then I found out about access along the beach...a bit of a walk but less strenuous.

I know quite a few shore marks on the Lleyn but will be seeking help with places to take the prowler in July.

Give me a buzz when you get down to HAyle There are plenty of safe Yakking locations close by . I was taking a long hard look at one on the North Shore this evening. Im happy to help out on the proviso that fishing s 100 % Catch and release.

Austen

01326 562753

Thanks Guys...re Pistyll...Yeah know it well...especially the 'wrong way' to get to it. Had a nightmare climbing up the hillside at 2am in the rain and the mantle had just blown on my Coleman lamp...Then I found out about access along the beach...a bit of a walk but less strenuous.

I know quite a few shore marks on the Lleyn but will be seeking help with places to take the prowler in July.

Give me a buzz when you get down to HAyle There are plenty of safe Yakking locations close by . I was taking a long hard look at one on the North Shore this evening. Im happy to help out on the proviso that fishing s 100 % Catch and release.

Austen

01326 562753

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzetafox, I will also be in Hayle sometime over the whitsun weekend with my brother in law (both caper anglers) and we will be trying Godrevy near the lighthouse. There is a car park at Gwithian Towans near to the beach and steps down to the sea which although a little steep are fairly easy to negotiate with a kayak. Launching is from the sandy beach and a short paddle gets you fishing over sand , or you can safely paddle along the rocky outcrops where we have seen school bass, mackerel and wrasse when snorkelling. This area also holds a large colony of seals ( We have been going to Hayle on summer hols for the past 13 years ! ) they are quite friendly regularly checking us out when snorkelling, and surfing. As I said we are going down for five/six days from the 25th May, so keep your eyes open for two bright yellow capers fishing off of Godrevy, and feel free to join us, cheers Martin.

Izzetafox, I will also be in Hayle sometime over the whitsun weekend with my brother in law (both caper anglers) and we will be trying Godrevy near the lighthouse. There is a car park at Gwithian Towans near to the beach and steps down to the sea which although a little steep are fairly easy to negotiate with a kayak. Launching is from the sandy beach and a short paddle gets you fishing over sand , or you can safely paddle along the rocky outcrops where we have seen school bass, mackerel and wrasse when snorkelling. This area also holds a large colony of seals ( We have been going to Hayle on summer hols for the past 13 years ! ) they are quite friendly regularly checking us out when snorkelling, and surfing. As I said we are going down for five/six days from the 25th May, so keep your eyes open for two bright yellow capers fishing off of Godrevy, and feel free to join us, cheers Martin.

In my experience, when there's a seal about, the fish aren't <_<