Greens or commercials?

Guest challenge

Guest challenge

Greens or commercials?

Could I have your opinions on who you think cause the biggest threat to RSA and angling as we know it?

Or do you not think there is any significant threat at all?

Regards.

Greens or commercials?

Could I have your opinions on who you think cause the biggest threat to RSA and angling as we know it?

Regards.

Biggest threat is the men in suits who have never picked up a fishing rod. Already they appear to think they know what is good for us. :yucky:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I dont see why either should be a threat, If somone had the Nuts to Enforce already existing Law, I shoot and Game fish, If it was not for the syndicates and clubs of both disiplins Our chalk streams would be silted and stagnent Puddles This I have seen wild browns would not Be breeding in any meaning full way in the UK and saltmarsh would be a grave yard of Burnt out Cars and fly Tipping spiol,(More than once I have seen Tracts of land restored to thier former glory and a eco sytem redevelop owing to poeple who fish and shoot) Simply because our green freinds would not have the funds be able to manage all of these areas of nateral buetie on there own, as far as the commercails are concerned the USA & Australia dont seem to have the problems that we do.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Greens or commercials?

Regards.

Hi challenge

the rsa in my area's quality is very poor and has been for a very long time, all of this time the commercials have been ever present were as the greens are only just getting started, so you can make your own conclusions on who is the most likely to have caused the problem around here, if things stay the same as regards the commercials with no restrictions ie, mpa's/golden mile/proper mls increases? then the rsa will die off within the next few decades, you and your customers may be happy steaming hundreds of miles for a few cod but you are in the main a very SMALL minority as regards the rsa if i had to realy choose between the greens and the commercials to run the shop it would have to be the former as i have found no evidence that the latter could be trusted what so ever to look after our inshore marine waters for the benefit of all, they have held the reins at the sfc's for decades and look were that has got us!! cheers........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Not a difficult one. When I stand fishing on the banks of my local estuary it is quite common for me to be able to see both of these groups. Who screws up my sport most, the guys in the very expensive outdoor wear with the shiny green wellies and the binoculars or the ones in the trawlers filling buckets with postage stamp sized flatties to use as pot bait?

Give me the green welly brigade anyday! They occasionally show a bit of curiosity as to why I should be standing there catching nothing, but when I explain that it's better than sitting in the house watching telly I think they understand, because that's the same reason they are there.

Not a difficult one. When I stand fishing on the banks of my local estuary it is quite common for me to be able to see both of these groups. Who screws up my sport most, the guys in the very expensive outdoor wear with the shiny green wellies and the binoculars or the ones in the trawlers filling buckets with postage stamp sized flatties to use as pot bait?

Give me the green welly brigade anyday! They occasionally show a bit of curiosity as to why I should be standing there catching nothing, but when I explain that it's better than sitting in the house watching telly I think they understand, because that's the same reason they are there.

Hello CollinW

You have no proof that the trawlers are filling buckets of postage sized flatties, as it is illegal I doubt they are.

As you say you are fishing an estuary and these chaps are using buckets not fish box's. I guess the trawlers you see are very small inefficient boats probably part timers out for bit of beer money, I doubt they have much effect on your sport.

The greens will never be satisfied once they have imposed their will on us you will be firmly within their sights.

You need to hope they don't spot some slightly exotic bird or plant life along your estuary shore line, they don't even need to these days, some anorak has just to say this area is of special interest, you will be the first kicked off, and what ever you do don't let them see you digging up the beach for bait.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Greens or commercials?

Regards.

Hi Challenge,

If its UK commercials and the the greens with a voice in the EU then I think its the greens. Get beyond the EU madhouse and its surely different t all over the world?

I think "angling as we know it" is a bit daft as it changes all the time?

Biggest threat i see is one set of people setting their perfect world in stone and legislating to make it that way.

I fear fisheries is the least of our problems with that kind of thinking at work :(

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hello CollinW

You have no proof that the trawlers are filling buckets of postage sized flatties, as it is illegal I doubt they are.

As you say you are fishing an estuary and these chaps are using buckets not fish box's. I guess the trawlers you see are very small inefficient boats probably part timers out for bit of beer money, I doubt they have much effect on your sport.

The greens will never be satisfied once they have imposed their will on us you will be firmly within their sights.

You need to hope they don't spot some slightly exotic bird or plant life along your estuary shore line, they don't even need to these days, some anorak has just to say this area is of special interest, you will be the first kicked off, and what ever you do don't let them see you digging up the beach for bait.

Wurzel

As far as I'm aware there is no MLS on flounders so they can take whatever they want. They are meant to be limited to a certain bycatch as they are supposedly fishing for shrimps, but until about a month ago the estuary (the Dee) was completely unpoliced so they were able to break the rules without any worry. When the EA (Wales) said they would start enforcing the regulations, the fishermen threw a paddy and said they would all tie their boats up (they didn't of course). That to me was an admisssion that what they were doing before was obviously illegal. These are not very small, inefficient boats and they HAVE wrecked the fishery as far as local anglers are concerned. It doesn't take long to wipe out stocks when you can trawl up and down the narrow central channel at low tide.

This is not just my opinion, match results don't lie.

If we can't even have inedible fish like flounders then just what ARE commercial fishermen prepared to let us have?

I don't worry about the greens. The way things are going there won't be any reason to take fishing tackle to the beach with me anyway, I'll only be there for a walk!

Wurzel

As far as I'm aware there is no MLS on flounders so they can take whatever they want. They are meant to be limited to a certain bycatch as they are supposedly fishing for shrimps, but until about a month ago the estuary (the Dee) was completely unpoliced so they were able to break the rules without any worry. When the EA (Wales) said they would start enforcing the regulations, the fishermen threw a paddy and said they would all tie their boats up (they didn't of course). That to me was an admisssion that what they were doing before was obviously illegal. These are not very small, inefficient boats and they HAVE wrecked the fishery as far as local anglers are concerned. It doesn't take long to wipe out stocks when you can trawl up and down the narrow central channel at low tide.

This is not just my opinion, match results don't lie.

If we can't even have inedible fish like flounders then just what ARE commercial fishermen prepared to let us have?

I don't worry about the greens. The way things are going there won't be any reason to take fishing tackle to the beach with me anyway, I'll only be there for a walk!

Hello Collin

There is a mls for flounders, 24 cm I think, there is even a quota for flounders, I know of potters who have been fined for having undersized flounders in their bait bins.

Commercial fishermen are always policed at some level or other, MFA officers might not enforce EA bylaws but they will national fishery regulations.

If the local commercials have wiped out the river Dee fish stocks they will soon be selling their boats then

I fish to live and live to fish.